Grapple work casualty

/ Grapple work casualty #11  
Armstrong Ag 64-9 (64 inch, 9 down tines). Weighs in at roughly 750#. Perfect fit for my 3500 lb front end capacity. It's a real beast. Only shortcoming I found was that it operated reaalllllyyy slow when opening the bite. I experimented a little bit and found that an occasional actuation of the 3-pt lift would result in quick opening of the bite. Leads me to believe there is some air/back pressure building up that has to be relieved. Other that that...wow! Cost me $1495 plus hoses with me picking it up at Armstrong in Brenham, Tx.

thx-good looking unit

/ Grapple work casualty #12  
Love my new grapple, but never saw the short but strong little limb that was protruding out of the tree. Backed right into it. Any ideas on how to straighten the fender some..not necessarily professionally, but get most of the crease out? Grapple work.......gunna happen.

It looks like it is just bent with little if any stretch of the metal. I would bent it back and then hammer out the remaining creases.

/ Grapple work casualty #13  
I agree take the fender off and have it repaired at a body shop,it can't be to hard to take it off. Otherwise you may make it worse.

/ Grapple work casualty #14  
Can't imagine the fender would be that hard to remove. If you do take it off the hard part of the job is done, try to fix it yourself before taking it to a professional shop, it doesn't look like it's that bad from the photo.

/ Grapple work casualty #15  
I would imagine the hard part of the fender removal is removing the wiring and everything else attached to it. If you remove the fender, you can beat it back yourself with it resting on a towel on the ground (to help save the paint) and beat it back or find some lead shot bags to rest the fender on.

If the fender is too hard to remove, I would remove the tire and get someone to hold a backup (lead shot bag backed up by a 2x12 or so) on the fender as I pounded it with a large ball peen or a sledge hammer. If you don't want more damage to the paint.........don't use a claw hammer as a claw hammer face's edge is not as rounded as a ball peen.
hugs, Brandi

/ Grapple work casualty #16  
doesn't look like it's hitting the tire.....not a red X condition ....fly with it....;-)

/ Grapple work casualty #17  
Love my new grapple, but never saw the short but strong little limb that was protruding out of the tree. Backed right into it. Any ideas on how to straighten the fender some..not necessarily professionally, but get most of the crease out? Grapple work.......gunna happen.

I really like the second picture with the longhorn in it ,should send it and let mahindra use it for there brochures:thumbsup:

/ Grapple work casualty
doesn't look like it's hitting the tire.....not a red X condition ....fly with it....;-)

Someone familiar with the 781. It's really just a "/".

/ Grapple work casualty #19  
Sorry about the fender. 2nd pic, thats a lot of steak:D

/ Grapple work casualty
I really like the second picture with the longhorn in it ,should send it and let mahindra use it for there brochures:thumbsup:

I always have plenty of help....all the time. Maybe Mahindra would send me a free sumth'in for the pic.

Attachments

• DSC_0411.jpg
    DSC_0411.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 202