Grapple work casualty

/ Grapple work casualty #21  
I always have plenty of help....all the time. Maybe Mahindra would send me a free sumth'in for the pic.

I had more longhorns but sold them,didnt wonna deal with the horns getting put in places they should be going while feeding:eek: I only kept one but she is crossed with black angus. I just sold the little bull calf saturday he weighed 310lbs and brought $542.50 his daddy was a beefmaster.

Attachments

• fancys calf.jpg
    fancys calf.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 180
   / Grapple work casualty #22  
Wedge a board in there against one of the tread lugs and back up slightly. Reposition and repeat. Perfect is the enemy of good.
larry

/ Grapple work casualty #23  
I would remove the tail light and then just take a 4'- 2x4 and wedge the end between the fender and the tire where the deep V crease is. Try to get to to lay as flat against the bent part of the fender as possible. You might also have to take a small 2x4 block and screw it to the 4' 2x4 to get up under the crease. Now start putting some pressure on the fender to bent the V in thefender back up and out. Don't over do it. Now take a rubber mallot and start tapping along the crease. If it is too tough for the rubber mallot, use small 2lb sledge or 2lb ball pein hammer. Don't just hit the metal fender with metal hammers, get some help and use a second block on the top of the crease and hit the block with the hammers. Now when you have the V crease out somewhat. Stop and cut two 2x4 blocks to fit inside the fender and also over the V crease. Take two or three 6" C clamps and clamp the V crease in the fender back into shape. Use the blocks to help keep the metal from being damaged by the clamps. Now reset on the main crease and C clamp it back into shape.
I won't be perfect, but if you take your time and study the metal how it was bent you can greatly help it become un bent by working on each little part of the bent fender that are keeping it from bending back out into shape. You may actually be able to use the C clamp method to do the whole thing.

/ Grapple work casualty #24  
I would see if this person makes house calls.

Attachments

• hrdp-1108-hp+DIY-auto-body-and-paint-tips.jpg
    hrdp-1108-hp+DIY-auto-body-and-paint-tips.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 207
   / Grapple work casualty #25  
I wouldnt want her near my place. She is an accident waiting to happen with all that skin to get burned not to mention metal removal from the eyes grinding without a faceshield and NO gloves. I dont think I could stand the increase in insurance premiums.

/ Grapple work casualty #26  
Shes wearing safety glasses. The skin is for our benefit.
larry

/ Grapple work casualty
I would remove the tail light and then just take a 4'- 2x4 and wedge the end between the fender and the tire where the deep V crease is. Try to get to to lay as flat against the bent part of the fender as possible. You might also have to take a small 2x4 block and screw it to the 4' 2x4 to get up under the crease. Now start putting some pressure on the fender to bent the V in thefender back up and out. Don't over do it. Now take a rubber mallot and start tapping along the crease. If it is too tough for the rubber mallot, use small 2lb sledge or 2lb ball pein hammer. Don't just hit the metal fender with metal hammers, get some help and use a second block on the top of the crease and hit the block with the hammers. Now when you have the V crease out somewhat. Stop and cut two 2x4 blocks to fit inside the fender and also over the V crease. Take two or three 6" C clamps and clamp the V crease in the fender back into shape. Use the blocks to help keep the metal from being damaged by the clamps. Now reset on the main crease and C clamp it back into shape.
I won't be perfect, but if you take your time and study the metal how it was bent you can greatly help it become un bent by working on each little part of the bent fender that are keeping it from bending back out into shape. You may actually be able to use the C clamp method to do the whole thing.

Man...I like the way you think. This is almost exactly where I was going. Getting the fender off appears to be a pretty good job.

Last edited:
   / Grapple work casualty
Perfect is the enemy of good.
larry

Great advice. Furthermore, If I even hint that it came out close to perfect, I'm sure that someone here well say"Post some pictures...you didn't fix it without pictures." Then I'd be sunk.

/ Grapple work casualty
Foreman,
Sounds like you did ok with that little bull. Cute little guy. I am seriously considering switching to miniature herefords when I retire from the Air Force. Still considering if there is a market or not though. I sure love the longhorns, however. Real survivors. I rarely have to do anything with/for them, and they are very gregarious.

/ Grapple work casualty #30  
Foreman,
Sounds like you did ok with that little bull. Cute little guy. I am seriously considering switching to miniature herefords when I retire from the Air Force. Still considering if there is a market or not though. I sure love the longhorns, however. Real survivors. I rarely have to do anything with/for them, and they are very gregarious.

My father also took some steers,but his were black and he brought 25cents more a pound then me. He try's to make a point to me that the black is going to bring more at sell:laughing:. She's just a good cow,I got the longhorns when I bought a small farmer out last summer,but this one cow is my 2yr olds favorite cow so I just couldnt get rid of her. My neighbor has a mini Brahma bull and that little sucker is always getting out,lucky he's to short:laughing: