need some help with 2810 pto solenoid (pic)

/ need some help with 2810 pto solenoid (pic) #1  

Texan4Life

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810, IH Hydro 70, 706
At first it was intermittent, but now it doesn't work all the time. unfortunately I lost my service manual :( so hopefully someone can help.

I have 12v to the solenoid so it's not a wiring issue. So I'm wondering if the solenoid can be taken off leaving the hydraulic part still on or if has to come off as an assembly.

Here is what I'm looking at:

350m3nn.jpg

/ need some help with 2810 pto solenoid (pic) #2  
At first it was intermittent, but now it doesn't work all the time. unfortunately I lost my service manual :( so hopefully someone can help.

I have 12v to the solenoid so it's not a wiring issue. So I'm wondering if the solenoid can be taken off leaving the hydraulic part still on or if has to come off as an assembly.

Here is what I'm looking at:

350m3nn.jpg

In your picture on the upper right corner, the part of the solonoid block facing the front of the tractor, there is a hex head plug, remove that, and be careful not to loose any parts out of there. Then spray some penetrant in the hole and use a phillips screwdriver to put in the hole and push the solonoid plunger back, spray more penetrant in and put the plug and parts back together. Clean the electrical ground point on the side of the block and your PTO should then operate correctly. If not let us know and we will go back to the drawing board.

/ need some help with 2810 pto solenoid (pic)
Thx! I won't be back to our ranch for awhile, but I will be sure to post and let you know how it goes.

I know this is a common problem, so I will try and remember to take some pics so it will be easier for others.

/ need some help with 2810 pto solenoid (pic)
well finally got back up to our ranch. Got it working again!

It was pretty cramped under the platform so i didnt get any pics worth sharing. so I just added an arrow to my previous picture showing where the plug is. oddly enough a 3/4" 6 point socket fits it like a glove. was using metric originally and not having much luck with good fitment.

A small spring is behind the plug so be sure not to lose that. and I spayed a bunch of wd40 in it. with the key on, engine off, I turned to pto on and off to try and work the penetrating oil in. spayed in some more for good luck. put the spring and plug back it and it works like a champ! :p

To help it from sticking again, every now and then I'm going to engage/disengage the pto a few times whether I need it or not.

thanks for the help.

k999va.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/k999va.jpg