Traction 4wd will not engage?

/ 4wd will not engage? #1  

BBmong

Tractor
Mahindra 3510
Hello I am new to this site looks like there is a lot of knowlede here. I was wondering if anyone could help? My 3510 new sheetmetal will not engage into 4wd, Is there a simple fix for this that I am missing or is there a common problem with Mahindra. Thanks any help will do!

/ 4wd will not engage? #2  
Welcome to TBN.
Have you try rocking the tractor or down pressure w/fel bucket also turn the front tires than engage.

/ 4wd will not engage? #3  
The shifting fork for the 4 WD has a tendency to get worn on the 3510 and 4110 models. It is easy to change, especially if you already have the Hyd/Trans fluid drained, like hydraulic oil change time. I keep the fork in stock.

/ 4wd will not engage? #4  
Shift fork is common as Galen said, if that is your problem, I would recomend the detent ball, spring, o-ring and gasket to go with the shift fork . But I would first pull the front drive shaft cover(shield) and check the front drive shaft and couplers. I Have seen the snap ring pop out of the groove and coupler slide back and seen a few strip the couplers/drive shaft when someone drives in 4wd on hard ground.
NEW ENGLAND TRACTOR a division of Johnson Automotive Inc.