Tiller

/ Tiller #1  

Jim Dodgins

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3550, Kubota L235, Teryx LE, F350 dumper
I have a 3316 shutle and am in the prosses of buying a rear tiller and was wondering if my tractor could handle a 5' tiller , or would it be better to get a 4' tiller? Thanks

/ Tiller #2  
I have a 3316 shutle and am in the prosses of buying a rear tiller and was wondering if my tractor could handle a 5' tiller , or would it be better to get a 4' tiller? Thanks

Get the 5' as the tractor would handle more, the 4' wouldn't cover the tractor width.

/ Tiller
Thanks Galen, I think I will.

/ Tiller #4  

Get a tiller wide enough to cover your tire tracks. 5ft probably for your 3316.

/ Tiller #5  
I have always heard 5 HP per foot. I have a 3325 2wd (35 HP) and my tractor handles a 5 foot extremely well.

Don

/ Tiller #6  
I have a 3016 and I have a Landpride RTA1566 tiller and it runs it with no problems. Definitely would suggest you get a tiller to cover tires or at least one you can offset.

/ Tiller
Thank all, it appears bigger is better.:D

/ Tiller #8  
I use a Woods 5' tiller on my 3316HST. Works great. I did have to pull a middle buster through the ground first, though--the ground was hard enough that the tines of the tiller were bouncing off. The tractor never complained, though.

/ Tiller #9  
I use a Woods 5' tiller on my 3316HST. Works great. I did have to pull a middle buster through the ground first, though--the ground was hard enough that the tines of the tiller were bouncing off. The tractor never complained, though.
Till when the soil is damp, it will dig right in.

To the OP, get a tiller wide enough to cover both tire tracks as others have said. You will be much happier............I'm talkin from experience. 13 years with an offset tiller that only covered 1 tire track.

Now I'm covered(pun intended):laughing::laughing: