warning beep

/ warning beep #1  

rustyjeep

Bronze Member
Tractor
IH 484,IH 424,Mahindra 7520 4wd
Hi all, could somebody please tell me why I can't get the warning beep to shut off. Its driving me crazy, I turned it off at 50 hrs and 250 I believe, and I dont know if it came on at 500 or not. I'm at 986 as of today,I have been running with it unplugged for the last 200 or so. I plugged it back in a couple of days ago and the stupid thing still beeps after about 5 minutes of run time.I have no warning lights or anything so I don't know I would like to stop it. Oh its a 7520, thanks for any advice.

/ warning beep #3  
Since you needed to bump it, I would give up and call the dealer.

/ warning beep #4  
Rusty Jeep,
Boy are you putting the hours on it. I gather you are talking about the beep that keeps sounding when maintenance is suppose to happen. I will check at home and post how to reset that blasted buzzer.
hugs, Brandi

/ warning beep #5  
Hi all, could somebody please tell me why I can't get the warning beep to shut off. Its driving me crazy, I turned it off at 50 hrs and 250 I believe, and I dont know if it came on at 500 or not. I'm at 986 as of today,I have been running with it unplugged for the last 200 or so. I plugged it back in a couple of days ago and the stupid thing still beeps after about 5 minutes of run time.I have no warning lights or anything so I don't know I would like to stop it. Oh its a 7520, thanks for any advice.

A beep at almost exactly 5 minutes on a 20 series is generally telling you that the transmission scavenging pump pressure is low. That is a serious deal, as it oils the top shafts/bearings in the transmission. Disconnecting the warning signal is a very bad idea. :confused:

If your trans oil level is good and you have not pulled hard with it for extended periods, you probably have enough splash in the trans to keep the upper bearings lubed....but you need to get this to your dealer asap.

The service needed beeper comes on right away and is cleared as per the manual.

/ warning beep #6  
A beep at almost exactly 5 minutes on a 20 series is generally telling you that the transmission scavenging pump pressure is low. That is a serious deal, as it oils the top shafts/bearings in the transmission. Disconnecting the warning signal is a very bad idea. :confused:

If your trans oil level is good and you have not pulled hard with it for extended periods, you probably have enough splash in the trans to keep the upper bearings lubed....but you need to get this to your dealer asap.

The service needed beeper comes on right away and is cleared as per the manual.

Oh WOW Dave. I thought this was just a malfunctioning service beeper. So is this an indication of a clogged strainer screen?
hugs, Brandi

/ warning beep #7  
Not necessarily a clogged screen. This a a different pump that just oils the upper shaft in the trams. Perhaps lost its prime or failed pump. But hopefully just a wire knocked off or a bad sensor.

/ warning beep
Thanks for the info Dave, but why would the service light not be on? Could you tell me more about this pump problem, you have me worried? I would call my dealer but they went out of business 6 months after I bought it. I have never needed to find one since I have not had any problems. I echo Bindians question about the strainer screen, or am I way off base here. Also where can I get a service manual, I do all of my own mechanic work. Again thanks for your help.

/ warning beep #9  
Thanks for the info Dave, but why would the service light not be on? Could you tell me more about this pump problem, you have me worried? I would call my dealer but they went out of business 6 months after I bought it. I have never needed to find one since I have not had any problems. I echo Bindians question about the strainer screen, or am I way off base here. Also where can I get a service manual, I do all of my own mechanic work. Again thanks for your help.

I don't type fast enough or have deep enough technical knowledge to do this justice. But we have run across this a couple of times over the years, and the peculiar thing is the almost exactly 5 minute turn on time of the beeper. Whenever I have seen that, it is indicative of the scavenging pump. This isn't the PS pump, nor is it the implement pump. It is a pump in the trans, and I really do not know if it has a filter or screen, I think it does not.

Since you are handy and do not have a dealer nearby, I'd get a shop manual for the tractor. Otherwise you'll need to get it to a dealer for diagnosis I am afraid. I'm not the service manager at our dealership, but I like to hang out in the shop occasionally and even get my hands dirty now and then, just to keep me aware of issues and solutions. I think the sender unit that checks pressure and relays that info to the dash is under the floor board, near center, on top of the transmission. Should have a wire or two going to it. See if you can find it and make sure it is hooked up. I think that is where you would check pressure also. Not a handy location.

Hope that helps.

/ warning beep
Dave I really want you to know that I am grateful for your help.Tomorrow I will check the sender. Do you know off hand if the tractor has to be split to replace the pump. I'm not afraid to split it, I've done a few before. If by chance a split is required I will replace the clutch while I'm in there. I have a shop manual on order next day air so we will see how fast it arrives. $220.00 to air freight a book,WOW, oh well gotta have it. I will let you know what I find.