Loader Grapple addition to new 4035

/ Grapple addition to new 4035 #1  

Chris 3055

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035
Greetings all. I am new to posting but have been reading all of your posts for several months now. I am finally going through with the purchase of a 2011 4035 PST. Been doing plenty of research and quite frankly, you all have had the best input and honest advice anywhere. And I am getting a great deal also :thumbsup:.

I am planning to purchase a grapple to help clear property that hasn't been maintained for years. My question is about the hydraulics to the FEL. My dealer has recommended using the stock remotes off the back and plumbing to the front. Is this standard? Wouldn't it be easier to just install an extra set of remotes to the FEL instead? Is this a very involved upgrade?

I want to do it now because it is less painless when its added into the purchase price. I look forward to your input and am excited to be able to contribute!!!

Thanks

/ Grapple addition to new 4035 #2  
Greetings all. I am new to posting but have been reading all of your posts for several months now. I am finally going through with the purchase of a 2011 4035 PST. Been doing plenty of research and quite frankly, you all have had the best input and honest advice anywhere. And I am getting a great deal also :thumbsup:.

I am planning to purchase a grapple to help clear property that hasn't been maintained for years. My question is about the hydraulics to the FEL. My dealer has recommended using the stock remotes off the back and plumbing to the front. Is this standard? Wouldn't it be easier to just install an extra set of remotes to the FEL instead? Is this a very involved upgrade?

I want to do it now because it is less painless when its added into the purchase price. I look forward to your input and am excited to be able to contribute!!!

Thanks

It is definately a lot more expensive.

/ Grapple addition to new 4035 #3  

Thanks

Chris, what your dealer has suggested is very common and the least costly. :cool: But if you decide that you want to do anything else with remotes like a hydraulic top link for a box blade, your sort of screwed. It is more convenient IMO to have an electric diverter valve plumbed in with your loader valve and have the control in the loader handle-joy stick. This will cost some $$$$, but well worth it in the long run and will make life that much easier in the future. Are you going to be doing much grading? If you are, look into getting the 2nd rear remote for the tractor, you will want to get Top and Tilt hydraulics later on. They make grading oh sooooooooooo much nicer. ;)

/ Grapple addition to new 4035
Galen and Brian thanks for the input. I knew that the cost would be greater, something about a spool addition? Guess no matter how much you read it doesn't really sink in until you are going through it yourself.

I stopped by my dealer today and he is still looking to get a price on the grapple for my tractor from his implement guy in Vermont. Its going to be in the $2000 to $2200 range.

I don't plan to do any road work right now, but after the brush and fallen trees are cleared from our property there may be road maintainence involved. I am going to have to get from barn to barn.

I can't wait to get started!!!!!

/ Grapple addition to new 4035 #5  
If you are getting a root grapple, That is way to much money. Unless that includes a diverter valve. Take a look here to get an idea. ;)

-- OK, that's a big difference over what I was quoted. Is the diverter valve set up you mentioned something that would be difficult to install at home? If I can get the supplies I could have the tractor delivered on Monday or Tuesday this week and just do the installation when the parts come. I can call my dealer on Monday and have him just forget the grapple on the initial order.

I will have to give that outfit a call on Monday and see what the shipping charges would be.

/ Grapple addition to new 4035 #7  
Chris, have you checked out Everything Attachments? The price on this unit seems fair, plus they offer free shipping. Construction Attachments X-Treme Duty Compact Tractor Root Grapple Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach CAL, 1RGCMP

Construction Attachments X-Treme Duty, Compact Root Grapple is designed for Compact Tractor Loaders, it comes with the standard universal quick attach, but can fit other style hitches such as John Deere quick attach, or a 4 pin connection but requires a special build fee of $125. The Compact Root Grapple is the ideal attachment for removal of debris such as rocks, roots, trash and general site clean-up. Take the toil and leave the soil!
At Construction Attachments we have heard the request for a full blown root grapple for compact tractors that is light enough to work with tractor loaders but of superior design that is equal to today痴 powerful four wheel drive compact tractors. We have it and man did we nail this one. Read on to see how we致e answered the demands for this product line that have been absent to date for a compact grapple.
Completely Redesigned, Stronger than ever. Weights are: 60" - 472 lbs., 66" - 500 lbs., & 72" - 525 lbs. Free Shipping within Continental USA!
Max opening is 29.32"

Chris, have you checked out Everything Attachments? The price on this unit seems fair, plus they offer free shipping. Construction Attachments X-Treme Duty Compact Tractor Root Grapple Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach CAL, 1RGCMP

I just finished looking into Construction Attachments web site and their videos. The videos are very helpful and answer a lot of questions. I like their third option hydraulic set up with the button on my FEL joystick (like Brian mentioned earlier). I can't see how that would be that hard to install yourself, especially on a factory new machine. I have many options now. I think I am leaning towards the Construction Attachments product right now.

Last edited:
Well all, thank you for all of your advice. I went with Achin back's idea. I was very impressed with everything attachments videos and they were more than helpful on the phone. My dealer said they were very accomodating and easy to work with also.

Hopefully I will have the 4035 by weeks end. The grapple is going to take a couple of weeks to come in.

When it comes in I will definitely through up a few pics!!