New 8560 CAB

/ New 8560 CAB #1  

2000CBR929

Tractor
Case IH Farmall 95C Cab 4WD with Loader
New member here so hello to all!

1. I have a new 8560 CAB 4WD with about 40 hrs on the clock, and the other day while grading a newly leveled pasture with my 7' cannon sp? grader in 3 medium I was getting high temps alomost to the point of overheating. The machine was loaded pretty good and I had the rippers in about 6", but with 83 HP I find that somewhat odd. I have only used it to haul around round bales and move a few hundred yards of dirt, and at a glance the radiator and intercooler look clean as a whistle. The overflow bottle was on the low side, but all else seemed fine. The conditions were dusty, and the temp here in Texas was in the high 80's with the cab temp hovering around a balmy 72. The only other odd thing was during the initial start up that morning I noticed the annoying blinking emissions light flashing so I cleaned the air filter for good measure, and went on to work. Later in the day it was flashin again. I can't imagine what causes this and have read is is more of an annoyance than anything.

The only pic I have so far

IMAG0184.jpg

/ New 8560 CAB #2  
2000CBR929,

With 40hrs I'd definetly would be on the phone to the dealer and get it documented by them at the very least. I'd also make sure that at your 50 hr. service all issues are addressed. My 5530 had intial issues - blinking ecg light and a hydraulic leak. Dealer took care of it on the 50 hr service. It's warranty work.

Great looking 8560. Need a few more pics in action.

idaho2

/ New 8560 CAB
Thanks Idaho. My dealer is supposed to be calling me with info. I typically do all of my own service, and have to haul it an hour away if there is something I need done so I was hoping to have an easy fix. That darned light was blinking on my 6530 too. I would hate to see the sirens and lights on a tier 4 machine.

/ New 8560 CAB
Just got off the phone with the dealer and he is certain it's the dust. I half way believe him since that is mostly what I have done since I have had the machine, and even the drains for the A/C were clogged with dirt the other day to the point where they were not draining out of the tubes, but the vents. I got off and pinched the tubes and condesate just pourd out of them for 5 minutes. He say to blow out the intercooler, the A/C, and the radiator every chance I get to prevent the overheating. Says last year in our drought his phone was ringing off the wall with the same issues, and always dust was the culprit. He also says the same for the blining light which confirms what happend the other morning when I blew out the filter and the light went off. I guess I will have to be more diligent about that when it's hot and dry.

/ New 8560 CAB #7  
2000CBR929,

When Mt. St. Helens blew, the ash was so fine it raised heck on all vehicles cooling systems. The work around was a "pre" air cleaner attached to assit in cleaning the air from the fine particulate. Could this be a solution for your present situation? Just a wild thought.

idaho2

/ New 8560 CAB
You might have something, and I will look into it. I still find it a little hard to believe with no more dust than I blew out that it was THAT clogged. I mean it has an inner filter as well. Our construction equipment takes way worse of a beating than that, but I will try once again and make a better effort to get it cleaner.

/ New 8560 CAB #9  
If you would have dropped down a gear, it probably would have cooled down some. It's not that the tractor won't make the pull, but it is a lot easier on it to drop down a gear and raise the rpm if you need to go the same speed. That is actually moving pretty quick to have the rippers in the ground. What rpm are you working the tractor at?

/ New 8560 CAB
If you would have dropped down a gear, it probably would have cooled down some. It's not that the tractor won't make the pull, but it is a lot easier on it to drop down a gear and raise the rpm if you need to go the same speed. That is actually moving pretty quick to have the rippers in the ground. What rpm are you working the tractor at?

Around 17 to 1800