Ballast Max 22 How much ballast in the box?

/ Max 22 How much ballast in the box? #1  

kootch88

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46
The manual says 2315# max on the rear axles. I'll be using the loader moving loam and sand from time to time. Should I divide the weight of the tractor and FEL loaded by two to get the base weight on the axles and then add the weight to the box to bring it to somewhere around the 2315? If so, how much does a half yard of sand weight roughly?

/ Max 22 How much ballast in the box? #2  
The manual says 2315# max on the rear axles. I'll be using the loader moving loam and sand from time to time. Should I divide the weight of the tractor and FEL loaded by two to get the base weight on the axles and then add the weight to the box to bring it to somewhere around the 2315? If so, how much does a half yard of sand weight roughly?
1200-1300 LBS.

/ Max 22 How much ballast in the box? #3  
Your formula will not work. When you load the bucket all of that weight plus almost all of the FEL weight is on the front axle. In addition, that weight is in front of the front axle so is actually lifts weight off the rear axle. Your owners manual probably has the weight of the rear axle. Just add to that. The only other way I know would be to go to a commercial scale and weight the rear axle. BTW the weigh of liquid in the rear tires is not loaded on the rear axle.

/ Max 22 How much ballast in the box?
Great points. I do not have loaded wheels and will not do so due to limitations in my towing capacity. I need to be able to remove the weight when I am towing as my truck is already screaming with the tractor as it is. An no, a larger truck is not in the budget! :(

/ Max 22 How much ballast in the box?
Anyone know the weight of the backhoe model mb60 ? It is not a part of the specs. Maybe that is a good place to start for wight.