Fluid quantity and type question

/ Fluid quantity and type question #1  

jdmcla

Tractor
Mahindra 3215
I am sure I'll get some "what a rookie" groans from this posting but oh well, I'd rather take that, than screw something up so here goes. I bought a 3215 a while ago and I've sprung a leak. The leak is coming from a flexible hose (upper hose) that attaches the hydraulic filter line (located under the left floorboard as you sit on the tractor), to a bigger line running to the back of the tractor. I've ordered the replacement piece however, in the process I've managed to give my hands and armpits a nice thick coating of oil/fluid. Now, in my mind...the fluid coming out of a hydraulic line would be hydraulic fluid however, when I unscrewed the dipstick that is centerline on the top of the transmission (in between your feet as you sit on the tractor), the fluid level isn't even on the stick. The dipstick says "OIL" on it. My bigger question is, do I refill the lost fluid through the "OIL" opening in the transmission and, what kind of fluid is required (80W-90, or hydraulic)? Any help is appreciated!

/ Fluid quantity and type question #2  
If it is similar to my Mahindra, add hydraulic oil at the same location as the dipstick. I wish they would have located this on the back of the tractor as some makes do. On my 2615 it is easier to fill if I remove the seat.

/ Fluid quantity and type question
I appreciate it very much AchingBack. Do you know if it's a specific kind or if the regular "3 in 1" stuff (Transmission/Hydraulic/Differential) will work?

/ Fluid quantity and type question #4  
I appreciate it very much AchingBack. Do you know if it's a specific kind or if the regular "3 in 1" stuff (Transmission/Hydraulic/Differential) will work?

yeah a universal trans/hydraulic fluid in your favorite brand will work

/ Fluid quantity and type question
Texan4Life thank you and I hope your getting plenty of rain your way. Last time I was there it was bad dry.