Service Light / Siren - How to reset

/ Service Light / Siren - How to reset #1  

Farmerboy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 85 / Ventrac 4500P
So I went out to start my 7060 this morning. Within 5 seconds of turning the key to energize the engine heater, the "Service" light turned on and a siren started continuously buzzing.

I thought, "You've seriously got to be kidding me." This tractor has 49 hours on it, and is barely 5 weeks old. According to the manual, this is normal.

"Service Due Indicator - This indicator will glow continuosly when the service of the tractor is due. This function is set for the first 50th hour and thereafter for every 250th hour of engine running. The operator is thus indicated for General Service Due. Resetting can be done by authorized Mahindra Dealer as soon as the general service is done."

My dealer is coming on Monday to reset the switch. Out of curiosity, is there an easy way to reset this?

I've spent the last 6 hours going out of my mind thinking that this brand new tractor, which I just put the first payment in the mail today, is already going to have a warranty claim. Good news is that the tractor is probably ok. Bad news is that I practically had a heart attack when the buzzer wouldn't quit.

/ Service Light / Siren - How to reset
Thanks to this forum, and the ability to search older posts, I've found all the necessary info to get back up and running - without the annoying buzzer.

/ Service Light / Siren - How to reset #3  
What did you enter in search box. I just hit 41 hrs ? Thanks in advance.

/ Service Light / Siren - How to reset
"Service Light" and then I selected the Mahindra Forums only.