4035 Weight

/ 4035 Weight #1  

JHubbs

Tractor
None
Looking at buying a Mahindra 4035 and concerned about hauling the tractor with my truck. I have a half ton Chevy with a 5.3 and a 16 foot tandum axel trailer with 3500# axels. Would like to hear from some 4035 owners. Thanks:)

/ 4035 Weight #2  
I'm looking at a 4035 as well.... Talked to my dealer(Scott's Tractor)and he said I should not have any problems. I'll be towing 16' tandem with 3500 lb axels, 4035 with FEL and MD bushhog...towing with a Chvy Avalanche... Dealer did kinda chuckle and tell me " you'll definitely know its bak there !". He also told me to make sure my trailer tires are "trailer tires" and not car tires put on a trailer...( I have brand new 8 ply "trailer tires) n just BTW I'll tow about 150 miles to deer lease about twice a year which will be the VAST majority of my toeing endeavors ! Lol !

/ 4035 Weight #3  
according to the pdf a hst 4035 weights 4800 lbs, just the tractor. Add more for FEL, loaded rears, 3pt.

our 16ft tandem w/ 3500lb axles weights about 1300 lbs empty.

So yeah you will be maxed if not a little overweight... like the dealer said good tires are a must. I air up to max air pressure or 2 or 3 psi under max (in case my gauge is off) to... remember that tire load ratings are @ the max PSI.

/ 4035 Weight #4  
Looking at buying a Mahindra 4035 and concerned about hauling the tractor with my truck. I have a half ton Chevy with a 5.3 and a 16 foot tandum axel trailer with 3500# axels. Would like to hear from some 4035 owners. Thanks:)

You buying and want to trailer JUST the tractor???? OR are you getting it with a FEL and implements??

4800# for just tractor is going to put you @ ~6500# with a loader. No implements and you are already overweight.

Length is going to be your other issue. 16' is too small. I have a 20' trailer and it is all I can do to get my SMALLER 3400 with loader and bushhog on. I actually have to back on the trailer and set the tailwheel on the tongue of the trailer about a foot behind the hitch just to make it fit.

/ 4035 Weight #5  
Yeah, I know I'm either maxed or close to maxed...16' really is too short, my cutter over hangs and I have to hang the red caution flag off the cutter wheel...I too max on air pressure...when towing, I just take it slow, pull over from time to time and check everything (also to let faster traffic by)...wish I had a bit bigger trailer...IMHO a 5th wheel/goose neck deck over is the way to go if you're going to trailer alot or for long distances...having said that, I will stick with what I've got for now...

either way, good luck, be safe

Rich

/ 4035 Weight
Yes, I was looking at the 4035 with a FEL. Just left the dealership and all they had was a 5035 with no FEL. Tractor had a little bit more plastic than I was hoping for. The weight issue looks like it may be a problem as well. Just don't feel safe being over the limit and dont want to spend the extra money on a new trailer and truck right now. I guess the search continues. Thanks everyone for the input.

/ 4035 Weight #7  
Scott's tractor in Shreveport has a 4035 gear with FEL in case you're still looking....know it is a haul from where you're at though...maybe Scott's would work something with your dealer ?

/ 4035 Weight #8  
I was looking into a trailer to move my 4035 around. I want to go with a 10,000lb trailer. Dual axle. Need a category III hitch put on, the cat II that comes on the truck won't cut the weight. Don't forget that when you do your calulations that you need to subtract the weiight of the trailer from your total, or add it in to your total weight calculations.

So, 4800 lb tractor+FEL+loaded tires+trailer weight(about 1600lbs)= X

It adds up quick... Then you have to worry about trailer brake laws for your state. Here in NY I need them on teh dual axle trailer. WOuld want them any way with all that weight behind me.

- Chris

:tractor:

/ 4035 Weight
The 4035 is just going to be too much weight for my ltruck and trailer. Forums like this help people get a better understanding of what they want and being pleased with their purchase. Thanks Tbn members

/ 4035 Weight #10  
Yes, I was looking at the 4035 with a FEL. Just left the dealership and all they had was a 5035 with no FEL. Tractor had a little bit more plastic than I was hoping for. The weight issue looks like it may be a problem as well. Just don't feel safe being over the limit and dont want to spend the extra money on a new trailer and truck right now. I guess the search continues. Thanks everyone for the input.

The dealer won't deliver?