3510 keeps popping out of reverse

/ 3510 keeps popping out of reverse #1  

nworbekim

Bronze Member
Tractor
mahindra 3510
lots of times today, when finish mowing, the 3510 when, put in reverse would pop out... and it would take several times to get it to stay. i've heard of this before, but can't remember the cause?

am i looking at a problem coming up soon?

thanks...

/ 3510 keeps popping out of reverse #2  
Check the cable adjustment, make sure the cable is adjusted correctly allowing it to travel all the way into reverse.

/ 3510 keeps popping out of reverse
Check the cable adjustment, make sure the cable is adjusted correctly allowing it to travel all the way into reverse.

many thanks, that's what it feels like, really... that its not going all the way into gear. i also noticed it happens when i have the rpms up pretty high, like when i'm mowing tall grass and need the power.

i'll check that early next week. have a safe/fun holiday!

i am somewhat mechanically challenged, and don't see any visible damage. it is intermittent and random. there is a free-lance tractor mechanic in our neighborhood that makes farm calls, he will hopefully take care of it early in the next week.

meanwhile, i just try to use reverse as little as i'm able.

/ 3510 keeps popping out of reverse #5  
This may be as simple as an adjustment to the linkage cables, but if your mechanic can't seem to get it with adjustment, let me know. I had one a few years ago that we had to change some gears and shifting forks in the transmission. If it come to that I may be able to head you in the right direction.

This may be as simple as an adjustment to the linkage cables, but if your mechanic can't seem to get it with adjustment, let me know. I had one a few years ago that we had to change some gears and shifting forks in the transmission. If it come to that I may be able to head you in the right direction.

my guy was here last friday and it was the cable adjustment. took him just a few minutes and i mowed all day and it didn't do it again.

once again the guys here come to the rescue. best place on the web, i think. i use it for my mahindra and cub cadet tank questions. people here haven't been wrong yet.

/ 3510 keeps popping out of reverse #7  
my guy was here last friday and it was the cable adjustment. took him just a few minutes and i mowed all day and it didn't do it again.

once again the guys here come to the rescue. best place on the web, i think. i use it for my mahindra and cub cadet tank questions. people here haven't been wrong yet.

Good to see thats all it was.