Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install #1  

rubicon79

Tractor
Mahindra 4025 4wd
I want to add a stereo to my 3616 Cab. It has two connectors coming out where the stereo goes but I have no idea what wires do what. I looked in the owner's manual and nothing. I have tried to find a wiring harness but no luck online either. How can I find out what wires are what??

Thanks!

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install #2  
Sorry I can't help with the wiring. Your dealer should be able to help out if you have a good repport with them.

If I had to redo my stereo in my cab I'd get one with Bluetooth. I have missed several important calls while I was mowing for hours, have one in my truck and when money is flush (maybe never) I'll get one for the cab. Good luck.

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install
Bluetooth is a good idea, I will look for one with it.

Called up my dealer, Artec Tractor, and they emailed me a wiring diagram right away. Gonna make the install easy!!

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install #4  
about the only place I can think that would have the info would be the service manual.

The bluetooth reminded me of this:

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install #5  
rubicon79 said:
I want to add a stereo to my 3616 Cab. It has two connectors coming out where the stereo goes but I have no idea what wires do what. I looked in the owner's manual and nothing. I have tried to find a wiring harness but no luck online either. How can I find out what wires are what??

Thanks!

A volt meter will help you find the ground, 12 volt switched and 12 volt constant wires. If you have access to the speakers you may be able to track back to connector the speaker wire color codes. If you have 4 speakers you will have 8 speaker wires. A simple trick if you can't access speakers is to hook up a 1.5 volt battery to known speaker wires at the radio location to locate which speaker it goes to. Hold or tape one wire to the neg end of battery and then touch other speaker wire end to pos side of battery and you will get a pop sound come out of the speaker. There also needs to be an antenna connector somewhere there unless you need to add your own antenna.

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install #6  
Bluetooth is a good idea, I will look for one with it.

Called up my dealer, Artec Tractor, and they emailed me a wiring diagram right away. Gonna make the install easy!!

Did you ever find a compatible harness connector or stereo? Can you e-mail me the wiring diagram or post it? Thanks.

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install
The dealer emailed me a wiring diagram but I had to cut and splice the wires. I couldn't find any kind of plug and play harness. I would email the diagram but I already deleted it from my email, sorry!

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install #8  
Mahindra offers 2 radio choices to us dealers for the 3616 cab tractors, both are a direct plug in. If i remember correctly one has I-pod docking, and the other does not, i think they both have weather radio built in. If any one needs one give me a call, I'd be happy to ship you one.

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install #9  
The 3616 cab is wired for a Jensen heavy duty radio. There are are a few models (3620, 1620, etc.). All have compatible jacks for the plugs on the tractor. Check out google for jensen heavy duty radio.

/ Mahindra 3616 Cab Radio Install #10  
Check out Crutchfield in Virgina...They have everything for auto sound.
Murph