Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Default Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016

If your getting a new 3016, its worth the wait for the 3720 backhoe. I just got it yesterday and I think I have one of the first ones made, they have made lots of improvments over the 3715.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Default Re: Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016

Here is a picture..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016-backhoe.jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2810, IH Hydro 70

nice!

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616

I got my 3616 yesterday. It came with the 3720 also. I was wondering how it jumped up from a 3716 to a 3720. It looks plenty heavy duty to me. I cant say about improvements as I have nothing to compare it too. Tomorrow I dig my first stump!

Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbanewf View Post
    I got my 3616 yesterday. It came with the 3720 also. I was wondering how it jumped up from a 3716 to a 3720. It looks plenty heavy duty to me. I cant say about improvements as I have nothing to compare it too. Tomorrow I dig my first stump!
    Good luck with it and be careful, I snapped the bucket ram digging out a stump.

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Anyone buying a BH is okay in my book! Congrats.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616

Quote Originally Posted by jtfrench View Post
    Good luck with it and be careful, I snapped the bucket ram digging out a stump.

that must have been some stump: With about 3000 lbs breakout force, made the way they are, I would hope it could dig a stump without breaking! Better the first week than after the warranty is up. I will try to be careful. Starting with 14 inch pine stumps. Will tackle an oak or hickory further down the road. Guess I will carry a hatchet with me to give it a little help now and then.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

Don't try to hook the bucket on a root and then try to drive the tractor forward, as that may well snap the bucket ram. Also don't hook a chain to the bucket and try to drive the tractor forward as that may also snap the bucket ram. Just a word of caution.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616

Quote Originally Posted by LAWALLSTRACTOR View Post
    Don't try to hook the bucket on a root and then try to drive the tractor forward, as that may well snap the bucket ram. Also don't hook a chain to the bucket and try to drive the tractor forward as that may also snap the bucket ram. Just a word of caution.
    Thanks guys: Well I found out how strong roots can be. The stump was a fir but it was huge. I had to be careful not to catch onto large roots fully with the bucket or it would just stop digging. I spent a lot of time going up when I wanted to go down or out when I wanted to go in, but I got the hang of it.
    The root ball was about four feet deep. I hit stone at about five feet. The roots spread out instead of down . The mountain is like that having a few feet of soil mostly crab orchard stone underneath. I worked on it for over four hours. pulled it out and pushed it aside with the loader. I will have to pull it to the burn pile with a chain. If I had a grapple I would be able to keep it in the bucket.

I have a smaller stump to work on tomorrow. Hopefully I will be a little faster too!

The biggest problem I had was getting the bucket to empty. Its been wet and the clay like soil stuck in the bucket like glue.
    I had to dig it out with a stick . Maybe need to carry a shovel with me.

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

When a root stops all movement........move a little further out to where the root is smaller and try it again. An ax will just get in the way and you may hit the bucket. I keep a large limb pruner behind the seat for when stray feeder roots need snipping after removing the stump. I buy a cheap pair that I don't mind sticking the jaws into the dirt.
    When the bucket gets full of sticky clay, have a good size root nearby to bang the bucket on. Shaking left and right rapidly works sometimes removing sticky clay.
    Happy digging!
    hugs, Brandi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast