Backhoe Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016

/ Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016 #1  

jtfrench

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
If your getting a new 3016, its worth the wait for the 3720 backhoe. I just got it yesterday and I think I have one of the first ones made, they have made lots of improvments over the 3715.

/ Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016
Here is a picture..

Attachments

• backhoe.jpg
    backhoe.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,908
   / Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016 #3  
nice!

/ Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016 #4  
I got my 3616 yesterday. It came with the 3720 also. I was wondering how it jumped up from a 3716 to a 3720. It looks plenty heavy duty to me. I cant say about improvements as I have nothing to compare it too. Tomorrow I dig my first stump!

/ Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016
I got my 3616 yesterday. It came with the 3720 also. I was wondering how it jumped up from a 3716 to a 3720. It looks plenty heavy duty to me. I cant say about improvements as I have nothing to compare it too. Tomorrow I dig my first stump!

Good luck with it and be careful, I snapped the bucket ram digging out a stump.

/ Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016 #6  
Anyone buying a BH is okay in my book! Congrats.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016 #7  
Good luck with it and be careful, I snapped the bucket ram digging out a stump.

that must have been some stump::eek: With about 3000 lbs breakout force, made the way they are, I would hope it could dig a stump without breaking! Better the first week than after the warranty is up. I will try to be careful. Starting with 14 inch pine stumps. Will tackle an oak or hickory further down the road. :) Guess I will carry a hatchet with me to give it a little help now and then.

/ Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016 #8  
Don't try to hook the bucket on a root and then try to drive the tractor forward, as that may well snap the bucket ram. Also don't hook a chain to the bucket and try to drive the tractor forward as that may also snap the bucket ram. Just a word of caution.

/ Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016 #9  
Don't try to hook the bucket on a root and then try to drive the tractor forward, as that may well snap the bucket ram. Also don't hook a chain to the bucket and try to drive the tractor forward as that may also snap the bucket ram. Just a word of caution.

Thanks guys: Well I found out how strong roots can be. The stump was a fir but it was huge. I had to be careful not to catch onto large roots fully with the bucket or it would just stop digging. I spent a lot of time going up when I wanted to go down or out when I wanted to go in, but I got the hang of it. :laughing:
The root ball was about four feet deep. I hit stone at about five feet. The roots spread out instead of down . The mountain is like that having a few feet of soil mostly crab orchard stone underneath. I worked on it for over four hours. pulled it out and pushed it aside with the loader. I will have to pull it to the burn pile with a chain. If I had a grapple I would be able to keep it in the bucket.

I have a smaller stump to work on tomorrow. Hopefully I will be a little faster too!

The biggest problem I had was getting the bucket to empty. Its been wet and the clay like soil stuck in the bucket like glue.
I had to dig it out with a stick . Maybe need to carry a shovel with me.

/ Mahindra 3720 backhoe for the 3016 #10  
When a root stops all movement........move a little further out to where the root is smaller and try it again. An ax will just get in the way and you may hit the bucket. I keep a large limb pruner behind the seat for when stray feeder roots need snipping after removing the stump. I buy a cheap pair that I don't mind sticking the jaws into the dirt.
When the bucket gets full of sticky clay, have a good size root nearby to bang the bucket on. Shaking left and right rapidly works sometimes removing sticky clay.
Happy digging!
hugs, Brandi