New guy-New tractor

/ New guy-New tractor #21  
Check the wire for the temp gauge going to the block. I think its on the right side of the motor towards the front. When I got mine it wasn't hooke up. As far as heavier implements, I think I have heard that before. You have steped up into a beast of a tractor. It takes a lot to make it notice something trying to hold it back. I don't believe King Kutter makes implements heavy enough for the 4530.

/ New guy-New tractor #22  
I finally had a chance to put the 4530 to work today. I hooked up my 7' grader blade and went to work on my road. Was working on a rather rough section of the road when I felt a little jolt and heard a pop. Looked behind me and my blade had been folded back on one side. I caught the top of a large rock with the end of the blade. The tractor didn't seem to notice that it was hooked on a rock the size of a small car, it just kept on going. The blade was a brand new king kutter I had bought last winter to use clearing snow with my 2615. Since the winter was so mild, I never needed to use it.
I guess it's time to consider heavier implements.
On a different note, I did notice that the bucket angle would drop and I had to occasionally rotate it back up. I did the same thing with my 2615 but didn't need to adjust the angle nearly as often.
So far, I'm pretty impressed with the 4530.
Best,
Steve

Happened to me, too, with a smaller tractor and a 6' grader blade. The pin keeping the blade at a fixed angle had sheared off from a rock strike. Now I keep a few extra pins in the toolbox.

/ New guy-New tractor #23  
Steve, Don't feel bad I did something similar to a County line 7' landscape rake. I was stacking topsoil and forgot it was back there, when I was done I noticed I had managed to bend the center of the cross beam down 4". Never felt a thing. :duh::irked:

/ New guy-New tractor
Check the wire for the temp gauge going to the block. I think its on the right side of the motor towards the front. When I got mine it wasn't hooke up. As far as heavier implements, I think I have heard that before. You have steped up into a beast of a tractor. It takes a lot to make it notice something trying to hold it back. I don't believe King Kutter makes implements heavy enough for the 4530.
Thanks for the info on the temp sensor. I'll check it out, hope that's all it is.
Best,
Steve

/ New guy-New tractor
I've had my 4530 for three months now. The temp gauge still does not work. The sensor has been replaced and the dealer has ordered a new gauge cluster.
When new, the hydralics for the FEL stuttered pretty bad. The fluid level was barely registering on the dip stick. Added fluid and problem solved. The front diff was low as well, didn't even register on the stick.
Other than these issues, the tractor is great.
I can't believe the difference in capability going from the 2615 to the 4530. I think I made the right choice.
Thanks to all on the forum who provided input and helped with my decision.
Best,
Steve

/ New guy-New tractor #26  
Steve,

The ipto is easy, the long handle is just a clutch, pull it foward and lock it in position ( like holding down clutch pedal) now reach back to the shift handle located just behind the ipto handle and put it in gear. Now move the ipto handle back and the pto will be running. To stop the pto, clutch it with the ipto handle. Turn it on and off while you are using your pto powered implement and when you are not using it shift it out of a gear and put the ipto handle back so you are not holding the throw out bearing against the clutch. Really a more realiable system than the larger 30 series that have gone to the one lever system if operated correctly.

Dave

When I try to start my Mahindra 6500, I have to push down the PTO lever(not engaged). Do you know why?