New guy-New tractor

/ New guy-New tractor #1  

Srb08

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4530
Hello from mid Mo.
I presently own a 2615 and am probably going to trade up to a 4530 next week. Any words of wisdom or caution from the group?
The 2615 has been a great tractor and I really hate to part with it but I need something a little larger.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Steve

/ New guy-New tractor #2  
Welcome aboard. Best wishes. You will probably receive more assistance by posting in the Mahindra forum here on TBN. Just a thought?

/ New guy-New tractor #3  
Only advice would be go as big as you can afford comfortably. I have a 5530 and can say that it is a strong basic machine.

/ New guy-New tractor
Only advice would be go as big as you can afford comfortably. I have a 5530 and can say that it is a strong basic machine.
When I bought my 2615, I thought it would be the perfect tractor for my needs. For the majority of what I do it's fine. I have a mile of driveway through rocky, hilly and wooded terrain that I maintain. The 2615 is too light for this work. I was planning on trading up to a 4530 but have also looked at an 8560. I thought the weight of the 4530 would be sufficient to pull a 7' blade. Because of the large rock in the ground and the steep grades, a box blade just doesn't work.
I thought I had my decision made but after reading here, I'm leaning toward the "more is better" school of thought.
I want to buy enough machine but don't want to go too far overboard.

/ New guy-New tractor #5  
If you are at all interested in a cab then forget the 30 series, nobody makes one for it - OEM or Aftermarket. Something to consider if you do any snow removal with it. I have been very happy with my 5530. It has plenty of power and enough weight to put that power to the ground. Although the 8560 cab is a very nice machine, I may have to upgrade in 5-6 years after I am done building on the property. Good luck!

/ New guy-New tractor #6  
I love my 8560 they only problem is that I did not get a cab.... Now I wished I would of:ashamed: I am getting a 80 acre ranch back to what it used to be and the 8560 was the right tractor for the job:thumbsup:

/ New guy-New tractor #7  
When I bought my 2615, I thought it would be the perfect tractor for my needs. For the majority of what I do it's fine. I have a mile of driveway through rocky, hilly and wooded terrain that I maintain. The 2615 is too light for this work. I was planning on trading up to a 4530 but have also looked at an 8560. I thought the weight of the 4530 would be sufficient to pull a 7' blade. Because of the large rock in the ground and the steep grades, a box blade just doesn't work.
I thought I had my decision made but after reading here, I'm leaning toward the "more is better" school of thought.
I want to buy enough machine but don't want to go too far overboard.

Just my :2cents: here. If you don't want to spend a lot of time working on your road, you will need weight and horse power and the right implements for the task at hand.

You need a tractor with 50 or more HP.

That tractor with loader and any other ballast needs to weigh over 7,000lbs.

You should have a LPGB (land plane grader blade) to do the majority of the road maintenance.
You should have a rear blade for any ditching or reshaping of the road.
A box blade is nice to have when larger amounts of material need to be moved.
A landscape rake is nice to have to do finishing touch up on the road.

These implements need to match the capabilities of the tractor, definitly not less and it is better if they are not a lot over sized.

I maintain over 2 miles of roads, I have all of this stuff. It can be done with a smaller tractor, just takes a lot longer. If I could only have one of the 4 implements to maintain the road, it would be the LPGB hands down.

If it were me, I would be looking at the 5035 and up.

Good luck with your decision, have fun looking, let us know if you have any other questions. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    886.5 KB · Views: 211
  • P4260026.JPG
    P4260026.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 170
  • P4140004.JPG
    P4140004.JPG
    410.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 187
  • PC290002.JPG
    PC290002.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 211
   / New guy-New tractor #8  
I just bought the 5035 and I love it so far I went from a 32 hp JD to the 5035 Mahindra and I made the correct move.

/ New guy-New tractor
Thanks for all of the feedback.
I'm going to see the dealer tomorrow morning. Hopefully we can work out a deal.
Best,
Steve

/ New guy-New tractor
Test drove the 4530 today. I like the tractor but was unable to figure out the ipto. The dealer was unable to explain what it was for and how to use it properly. We even read the owners manual and were still confused.
I would appreciate any info from anyone who can help.
Thanks,
Steve