mahindra quality

/ mahindra quality #41  
There is one in front of the radiator and one behind, which may be in front of A/C condensor. I'm not sure exactly because I don't have any left in stock. I'll try to track down some information and get back to you.

/ mahindra quality #42  
Just an update on my posting here. I had some 4wd engagement problems. I took the tractor to a dealer I have used some years ago but does not carry the Mahindra brand. I brought it in on Tues at 200PM. He said they were busy with getting equipment ready for harvest and the Farm Science Review. I said I understood and there was no real hurry at this point. He called today, less than 24 hours later to say it was done.
They added an interior fan, again blew out the radiator, condenser, evaporator and found that the drive shat coupler's snap ring was not installed which allowed the coupler to back off. All done for under $200 in less than 24 hours for a tractor brand they do not normally work on. Also the labor charge was $11 an hour less than the 9 week painful experience I had earlier with a different dealer. Happy today on this.

/ mahindra quality #43  
yanmars said:
Just an update on my posting here. I had some 4wd engagement problems. I took the tractor to a dealer I have used some years ago but does not carry the Mahindra brand. I brought it in on Tues at 200PM. He said they were busy with getting equipment ready for harvest and the Farm Science Review. I said I understood and there was no real hurry at this point. He called today, less than 24 hours later to say it was done.
They added an interior fan, again blew out the radiator, condenser, evaporator and found that the drive shat coupler's snap ring was not installed which allowed the coupler to back off. All done for under $200 in less than 24 hours for a tractor brand they do not normally work on. Also the labor charge was $11 an hour less than the 9 week painful experience I had earlier with a different dealer. Happy today on this.

That is great! I think that dealer deserves a "plug" here on TBN, with location and contact info and weblink, if available.

/ mahindra quality #44  
Question for Daves Tractors

For Dave-
If a radiator was built for a 3510-

What would be the best specs for fin spacing, # of cores, size , etc. to make it work better in a dusty environment such as bushhogging tall weeds??

/ mahindra quality #45  
Re: Question for Daves Tractors

For Dave-
If a radiator was built for a 3510-

What would be the best specs for fin spacing, # of cores, size , etc. to make it work better in a dusty environment such as bushhogging tall weeds??

Kneedeep, I have wondered the same thing. I had an old Ford 5000 that I mowed with for years. I ran a 10' flail and mowed 10 acres (irrigated) every few weeks. I could go several years neglecting the radiator and it would not clog enough to start running warm. Since my orchard/park are irrigated, I get way less junk in the radiator compared to mowing tall weeds, but I was impressed with the neglect the radiator would handle. I wish that old tractor was still here and I'd go out and measure up the core.

I am totally guessing on this, but it would seem that the grill catches the large stuff and the radiator fins on your 10-series are about the perfect size to catch the small stuff that makes it through the grill. If the fins were wider, would that crud pass through? Wider fins create a less efficient radiator, so a bigger core would be needed.

Some industrial tractors have a reversing fan. Every so often the blade pitch swings nearly 180 degrees and blows out the radiator. Now wouldn't that be cool, pun intended? I suspect if such a fan blade system were designed for smaller tractors like ours, there would be a market for it.

/ mahindra quality #47  
Re: Question for Daves Tractors

Kinda like these-

TractorLife.com: For Max Efficiency, Keep Radiators Clean With Reversible Fans

CLEANFIX

If these were made for compact tractors, I believe a small fortune could be made!!

Yep, that is perfect. If I was mowing in dry stuff and had to clean the radiator several times a day and/or risk engine damage from overheating, I'd pay a bunch for one of these installed. Anybody know how much they cost for the smallest one?

/ mahindra quality #48  
Needs a air compressor to work.

/ mahindra quality #49  

Attachments

• Blow gun1.jpg
    Blow gun1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Blow gun.jpg
    Blow gun.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 126
   / mahindra quality #50  
I treated myself to a new mahindra 8560 4wd. half a year ago and I am still jealous of myself ! Had a john deere 2130 , don't miss it one bit ! for half the price of a new john deere built in the same place with the same engine , you get more tractor , twice as much warranty , no plastic fenders and hood but fat , solid steel ,turns on a dime , after 250 hours I can recommend this tractor to everyone !! and my dealer , Bob Mark in Campbellford-Ontario is great..something wrong , they come right away , if they cant solve it , you get another tractor to use . So far the pto broke , seemed I was the first case ever ...just found the seat to low so raised it 3 inches , gave me better vieuw too... and I put a headlight guard on after breaking one with a stick . why buy a 4-5 year old tractor with 3-4000 hours on it and no warranty , if the same money buys you a great new mahindra ??? RECOMMENDED !!!!!! Lionplow (1).jpg