How do you like Mahindra Max 25?

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25? #1  

Smitrock5

Tractor
Cub Cadet 129
I've been researching all of the sub compact tractors out there and I really like the Max 25 the best. I want to make ONE tractor purchase. My wife and I just bought 12.5 acres and I want something that is going to hold up through the years. I really like how the Max is built but I'd like to hear what Max 25 owners think of their machine and if they'd reccommend it. Any info would be great!

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25? #2  
Not a max owner (3016),but you will be looking hard to find a dissatisfied mahindra owner. They make an excellent tractor.

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25? #3  
I took delivery of a Max 25 late June. I have a broken ankle so I have only put 12 mowing hours on it, to this point. Seems to be an excellent machine. I have the loader and midmount mower. The mower mount does severely restrict ground clearance so the deck will have to come off to do any off lawn chores. Only other complaint which is minor,is that I am a wide body and the range selector is real close. Not really a problem as you are not moving when you change rang anyway.
I am replacing a ford 8n and a Husqvarna lawn tractor.

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25? #4  
I have the Max 22 and love it, the capacities are not overblown as I expected, it is built very rugged and it is a dream to operate. The Max 25 is a the same except it has more HP. The only thing I think would make me want the extra 3 horse is when I am mowing really long grass with my RFM.

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25?
Glad to hear good thoughts because I'd really like to own one!!

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25? #6  
I noticed the 1026R in your avatar. Did you go green? The 1026R is a nice comfortable tractor also.

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25?
No, I didn't....I looked at the jd's but my 3 fav are the Kubota bx25, max25 and the NH boomer (only cuz its blue though)! I haven't driven the boomer though...on paper, the max is a far superior tractor though...I only used the picture cuz my daughter was in the seat...hard to see though...she was only 6 months old at the time

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25? #8  
Haha I see. Well good luck either way you go in the search. You sure can't go wrong with the max from what I hear.

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25? #9  
The Max 25 has been exceptional for my needs on 2 acres along with loads of volunteer work for the HOA on another 8 acres or so. I use it for dirt work, brush hogging and moving heavy things with FEL. Makes a wheelbarrow and shovel far less important! We have lots of trees to work around here and the 4' box blade and 4' cutter both work well on this machine. I wanted a real, sturdy tractor and shopped the BX and small JDs as well. The green and orange machines are well crafted - can't say anything bad about them at all. The Max just seemed more substantial to me, and I'm pleased to have gone with this unit after putting it through the abuse I have.

With 12 acres I'd be hesitant to go with anything smaller than something with the weight and power of a Max. You probably should even think about a slight upsize if you have the room to store and can move around. Perhaps the brands get back inline in the upper size ranges, but if you do choose a sub compact I think you'd be happy with a Max. The JD and Kubota weigh a little less and may be better for a lawn mowing application, but for low RPM power and a stout, yet small package, the Max works very well. Search my other posts for a few quick pics with box blade attached.

If the dealers will let you test them out on the lot you should go for it. Pick things up, turn in circles, run them up to their proper operating RPM and see what makes you happy. I personally like Red, but Orange, Green, Blue, etc... may feel right when you put the foot down and arm up!

Good luck with the decision. You'll enjoy your tractor regardless of which one you choose!

/ How do you like Mahindra Max 25? #10  
20140216_141434.jpgI have had my Max 25 for almost a year. It came equipped with a FEL. Has position control on the 3pt hitch. Love it. Far superior to the orange ones. In the process of finishing a cab for it. I have a 56" snow blower and it has make quick work of all of the snow we have been having in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Had 2 complaints from neighbors for blowing snow in there yards. Property line is over 60 ft away from each of the neighbors. I can't think of anything I do not like about it. Couldn't complain about the price as it was over $2500 cheaper then the orange one at our local dealer. Highly recommend the tractor. incidentally, Mahindra is coming out with new models of the Max Series. May want to wait until they hit the dealers.