How many hours on your Mahindra?

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #1  
Tractor
Farmall Super M Mahindra 6110
I'm getting into buying several Mahindras for our farm. I'm trying to get as much comfort with the brand as possible before i finally buy. I have been following this forum for several months and have been seaching archives daily (wife is starting to notice my addiction):laughing:

A topic came up with a local tractor mechanic who said he knew of several farmers who traded off their Mahindras with under 300 hours in fear of mechical problems. Might be all BS or he could be biased to another color machine...don't know. BUT, it did get me thinking about long term use of the Mahindra on our farm....I plan to run them for years with the utmost care being taken of them.

I searched an "hour topic" pertaining to Mahindras and didnt get a hard core hit on it for my question. So here goes.....

1) How many hours do you have on your machine?
2) What year and model is your machine?
3) Have you, if any, had major repairs with it in that time? If so what was the breakage?
4) What was the cost of repair and was the breakage your fault? or Mahindras? (these will be opinions of course)
5) Would you buy again? or seek out another brand and if so what/why?

>>>Thanks in advance for your input. We are trying to bundle maybe 4 tractors in our buy for the farm.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #3  
About 1100hrs on a 2006 7520 4WD with loader. Lots of hard loader work and consequent full pressure hydraulic usage. The cam gear, which acts as a idler between the crank and hyd pump drive gear failed early and was repaired with an upgraded part under warranty. This gear also transmits all power output taken from the front of the engine -- fan and alt drive on the 7520. Add compressor drive to it on the 8560 Cab models. No problems since it was replaced. The synchros on the shuttle shift broke quickly with all the loader use - they arent essential. It is a strong operating system tho. I would consider buying again, but I would look at the big Kubotas pretty hard before committing.
larry

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #4  
about 600 on our 2810 gear. we got it used with about 200 hrs on it.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #5  
A little over 1200 hrs on my 2004 3510. Loose motor mounts, and some oil/hydraulic leaks is about it. I've used it to dig a small pond (30yards x 40 yards about 6 feet deep), logging (over 24000 board/ft), mow a few orchards and fields.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #6  
Projects 002.JPGProjects 006.JPGProjects 007.JPGBought my 4110 new in Feb. 2002 (it's a 2001 model) with 3.2 hours on the clock and it now has 2230 hours. Have had some problems over the years but it still runs strong, uses no oil whatsoever and it starts readily year 'round whenever I need it. It has been a real workhorse overall and still is. The latest large project from this past winter/spring is in the pics - dug the hill out for my storm room.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #7  
I have a 2004 2615HST w/ loader. Have a little over 400 hours (about 50 a year). Mainly use mine for snow plowing but loader sees year round lifting jobs. Also use a back blade, york rake, forks, drags etc. Has only been back to the dealer during the first year for a bad loader valve (internal leak) replaced under warranty. Other than that I do my own service. Oil change every year. Hydraulic fluid every 200 hours. No breakage as yet. And yes, I would buy another, probably larger next time. When I bought mine price was better than other brands, 3 pt. and loader lift capacities were also greater, and I thought entire unit looked beefier. I bought and installed an aftermarket cab and heater and had wheel spacers made to move the rear wheels out further in case I have to use chains (tires were too close to frame on the 04 model but wheel backspacing was increased on 06 models to allow chains).

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #8  
I have a 2006 2615 gear with fel with over 700 hours. No problems except I am replacing the position control lever which I messed up. I do bushoging, tilling, food plots, haul dirt, pull logs, plow, orchard work, move and spread dirt and stone, maintain internal roads, haul firewood, etc. It is a great tractor.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #9  
I've got about 450 hours on my 2007 Mahindra 3525 with FEL (a real Mahindra, not a Mitsu) that I bought new in '07... zero problems.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #10  
I have a wopping 128 hours on my 2011, not quite 2 year old, 5035. 28 of them this winter blowing snow [ we are getting up near our 140" average for a change this year ]. No major problems. I use it as a TLB in the summer, with an old JD2240 as my 3pt tractor when the hoe is on the Mahindra. Have another stump to dig out next to my barn next summer and I am going to put in a gated access road in off the county road for big trucks. I looked for years at New Holland [ their 45hp HST's, then the 16spd around 60hp ]and Kabota [5740HST], then settled on the Mahindra for the heft and capabilities... not the price.