Mahindra 4010 experience

/ Mahindra 4010 experience #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Just got back from the local Mahindra dealer after wheeling about a new 4010 w/fel. This is a substantial tractor and though beefy, it is not so large as to become clumsy in tight woods such as we have here in N.E. It weighs over 4000# with fel and tires loaded which is a must on this tractor if you have no backhoe as the fel lifts over 2000# to its full height. I had a young salesman who was pitching the tractor at 24K and an extra $500 for beet juice. As my main interest for this will be logging, I have no interest for the backhoe. I asked the salesman 2 questions that I got no answers for. 1. Is the tractor based on a previous frame and 2. can the stanchion mounted joystick be moved or repositioned as you just cannot enter the tractor from its right side or at least I can't as I am not built like a squirrel. For a woods tractor, it is critical to be able to mount from both sides as one side may be blocked by a tree or heavy brush. I asked if he'd go in and ask but he came back saying the owner was not around. If anyone else can answer these questions more definitively, I'd appreciate it.

/ Mahindra 4010 experience #2  
I have a 2003 3510 and almost bought a 4510. Mahindra dropped the 35 HP 3510 and replaced with the 38 HP 4010.

Real stout machine that needs rears loaded with a FEL. I don't think it is paractical to move FEL controls for R side mounting. I used mine in tight Southern Piney woods keeping trails open for UTV use and it was never a problem.

Great Machine built tough

/ Mahindra 4010 experience #3  
I have a 4510. If the radiator is kept clear there may not be a cooling problem but if you get into weeds etc. the radiator has a tendency to clog and then it needs to be air blown out or it can overheat. Just what I have found. The battery and windshield reservoir block the airflow to the radiator in my estimation.

/ Mahindra 4010 experience #4  
I have a 4510. If the radiator is kept clear there may not be a cooling problem but if you get into weeds etc. the radiator has a tendency to clog and then it needs to be air blown out or it can overheat. Just what I have found. The battery and windshield reservoir block the airflow to the radiator in my estimation.
I have a similar issue with my 7520. Even totally clean the radiator is not adequate for sustained full power use in hot weather. I think Mahindra uses the same radiator for several tractors in each model range. If you get the biggest in the range youre stuck with marginal cooling. These tractors should be refit correctly at company expense I believe.
larry

/ Mahindra 4010 experience #5  
I am close to pulling the trigger on a Mahindra 4010. I have done a ton of research and the tractor really has a lot to offer when you compare it to the comp, and its not a paper tiger. The machine lifts more than or equal too anything in its class and is 4-5k less. The only ding on Mahindra right now is they are having others make tractors for them, Mitsubishi and TYM, until you get into the 35 and above series. In the case of the 4010, it is made by TYM, to Mahindra specs. If this is a problem for you, you really only have Kunota to choose, as they build most of the tractor. Of course many of the parts are sourced from the same places that the other tractor producers source parts from. In the global economy, there are not 20 companines producing the same parts, in order to optimize your supply chain aka. make money you must use the parts available at the cheapest cost, and all the parts are in Asia. Almost nothing is made from scartch in the US. Kubota assembles in GA and that is a good thing, Mahindra has a US headquarters in Texas, but i dont believe any assembly is being done there.

No question Kubota Grand series and Yanmar are making great tractors, but for 5k less the mahindra is one heck of a machine and seems to compare spec for spec, has good pedigree and a 5 year power train warranty. The tractor business appears to be changing with many more options available to the consumer. Remember competition brings out the best in products and the worst in people. Make the dealers compete and give you real reasons why to buy orange, red or yellow.

Good Luck

/ Mahindra 4010 experience #6  
A new Mahindra 4010 with loader and 4 WD is $18,500 cash price at a big Mahindra dealer close to where I live. A new 5010 with CAB, loader, 9x3 trans, 4WD and Industrial tires is $25,995 cash.

Sam:)