mahindra model vs use

/ mahindra model vs use #1  

hose6161

Tractor
c4005-di
Hello from an oldie but a newbie! I'm very near buying a 650 hour model C4500-DI with KD 2000 fel and 5' bush hog. Upon looking through your great forum, it seems there are very few of these models around. Is that a good or bad thing? That 4 cyl. purred like a drunk cat.

/ mahindra model vs use #2  
Welcome!

I'm too new to help u. However, if u need an answer fast, search for daves tractor here, and send him a PM - private message. He's very knowledgeable as a mahindra dealer, and should be able to tell u anything u want to know.

Lawallstractor offers much info in that way, as well.

And mahindradon has popped up lately, he may have some insight, too.

There are many extremely knowledgeable people all over the forum, so it is possible u will get many excellent responses... If they are familiar with that model.

Last edited:
   / mahindra model vs use #3  
I guess you meant "4005" vs 4500...if you are reasonably sure it is really only 650 hrs and it runs good...hydraulics lift good, shifts good, "looks" good, I'd say pick it up before someone else does...there's probably a whole bunch of them still working in India (where it was originally built). This tractor will be about the same size/power as an old MF 135...should last you longer than you want to keep it. BobG in VA

/ mahindra model vs use
Oooops. C4005-DI is what I meant to say. The seller buys and sells trade-ins locally. He advertised it as a 2001 Mahindra 40hp with KD2000 loader for 7750.We cranked it up and all the hydraulics seem to work. Thanks for info.