5035 Questions

/ 5035 Questions #1  

bulldog9

Tractor
New Holland TC24DA/ Mahindra 5035 PST
Considering a move from blue tractors to red ones and will have an opportunity this weekend to compare a 5035 PST side-by-side to my TC 55DA New Holland ("Tractor Olympics" scheduled for this weekend!). I plan on hooking up a 4 bottom plow to both units (already know the NH can pull it through clay) and realize I would be giving up a few hp, but the Mahindra looks to be a much heavier, sturdier tractor. A few questions to anyone out there who is more familiar with the Mahindra tractor than I am:

1. Will the 5035 turn an 84" rotary cutter through moderate to thick brush (up to 2.5" thick). Run a 72" w/ my NH at present with no problem

2. Service intervals on fluids?

3. Any idea of the torque rating of this motor? Can't find it anywhere on the net.

4. Anything else I should know?

Thank you for your assistance

/ 5035 Questions #2  
Bulldog9,

Go to the Mahindra header on the top of this page if its there, or go to Mahindrausa.com and get the specs from that site. Looking to see your followup on this coming weekend.

idaho2

/ 5035 Questions
Thanks idaho2

Did check their website and could not find answers to those questions (then again, I can't find the ketchup in the fridge when it is right in front of me either). Anyone?

/ 5035 Questions #4  
Bull Dog, I can't answer all of your questions; I do know, according to the specifications for the 5035 PST, the hp at the PTO is 43. What is the horse power requirement on your rotary cutter? Your tractor is rated at 46 hp, not a lot of difference there. As to the plowing, the Mahindra is about 700 lbs. heavier than the NH. The NH has a few more horses, but the Mahindra should offer superior traction. Let us know the results of your comparison test.

Also, consider the 5 year warranty, and the buyer exchange program.

/ 5035 Questions #5  
Interested in the outcome. Don't know why, I'm keeping my 5035.:)

/ 5035 Questions
Familiar with the 5 year warranty, but what is the buyer exchange program?

Thank you

/ 5035 Questions #7  
Familiar with the 5 year warranty, but what is the buyer exchange program?

Thank you

Bulldog, check with your local dealer on this program. I couldn't find it on the Mahindra USA website.

/ 5035 Questions
5035 was dropped off today for me to demo with a bent loader arm (left one) (?) Entire loader assembly is "cockeyed" and appears as if it is mounted about 6 inches off center. Same one I drove on the dealer lot last weekend (with no bent loader arm!). Puts a dent in my "tractor olympics" plan for the weekend. Looks like pulling events only.

/ 5035 Questions #9  
5035 was dropped off today for me to demo with a bent loader arm (left one) (?) Entire loader assembly is "cockeyed" and appears as if it is mounted about 6 inches off center. Same one I drove on the dealer lot last weekend (with no bent loader arm!). Puts a dent in my "tractor olympics" plan for the weekend. Looks like pulling events only.
I hope the cockeyed loader problem was noted by the dealer, and signed off on an inspection sheet. Maybe you can use it to push over a crooked tree.

/ 5035 Questions
I hope the cockeyed loader problem was noted by the dealer, and signed off on an inspection sheet. Maybe you can use it to push over a crooked tree.

Think it may be Mahindra's revolutionary new curved loader design that allows you to push material around a corner without ever turning the tractor. No worries with dealer - I have a long history with them and they are stand up guys.