mahindra 3616 oil filter?

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter? #1  

tmb1212

Tractor
mahindra 3616
hi, i was wondering if anybody out there would know if fram, or any reputable manufaturer has a oil filter for the 3616? Im at the 50hr mark on the tractor and having a hard time finding out what other filters are available without having to go to a dealer. Thanks for any information.

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter? #2  
You dont have to go to a dealer!
We ship out every day!

"If it fits, It Ships!"

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter? #3  
I have heard good things about Wix filters. My buddy gets them for his Mahindra. The part number is # 46483 for the 2816. O'Reilly Auto Parts carry's them.

The only other recommendation I can make is not to get the Wix air filter. The filter itself seems to be thinner than OEM.

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter? #4  
If you go with an aftermarket, just make sure the manufacturer of the filter, be it Wix or Baldwin or whatever, has spec'd it out and listed it for that model. Just matching threads and diameters will not assure you of proper filtration, by-pass pressures, etc. There have been a few threads where guys have bought similar filters and had problems. One that I remember was an air filter and the guy bought one that was close, it let dust into the engine and it cost him an engine.

I know the oil filter is super expensive from Mahindra (who buys it from Mitsubishi), but in your lifetime you won't buy that many, maybe one a year. So you might just bite the bullet and go OEM if you can't get a perfect match. It's crazy that you can buy a AC Delco factory filter for a brand new $120K ZR1 Corvette for about $5 and tractor filters can be several times that. Of course the automotive world sells about 12 million cars a year in the USA (on a good year) and the total USA tractor sales are barely over 1% of that...so volume is an issue perhaps.

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter?
well , bit the bullet and bought a mitsubishi oil filter at the tune of 25 bucks.. really having a hard time cross referencing this filter. mitsubishi has a part number of 31s94-02160. maybe one of you more cpu savvy folks know of a place to cross this filter? I have tried fram with no luck

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter? #6  
tmb1212 said:
well , bit the bullet and bought a mitsubishi oil filter at the tune of 25 bucks.. really having a hard time cross referencing this filter. mitsubishi has a part number of 31s94-02160. maybe one of you more cpu savvy folks know of a place to cross this filter? I have tried fram with no luck

Wix has a replacement. I'll post number when I get home. I left the number in my owners manual!

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter? #7  
The Wix replacement number is 51348 for oil filter on a 3616!

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter? #8  
This is a late reply but FYI I found a cross match to the Denso that Mitsubishi uses for Baldwin: for the 3616: BT8409
If I can get them at Napa etc. got to be a lot cheaper than at the tractor dealer. My New 3616 book calls for C oil 15W40 for the winters I get. I could use 10W30 but my oil will be in all the way until summer, so rather use the 15W40. Nothing
about having to use Mahindra motor oil.

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter? #9  
I recall a thread about filters and one member paid dearly for not using a Mahindra filter. I'd rather pay more for the Mahindra filters than using something that is not filtering equal to what should be used. Just my point of view.

idaho2

/ mahindra 3616 oil filter? #10  
If someone wants to use the OEM brand filter from Ford, or Mahindra etc, that is fine. But it is a fact that the best made filters out there are are at as good or better than stock. And the Mahindra filters are Denso. I have not found any information showing that Denso filters are better than any other filter sold. If they were, they might be worth three times the cost of another filter.
This question comes up when talking trucks, ATV's you name it. There are studies about filters and their good points and bad.
Some use cardboard where others use metal for instance. So there are some I would never use. But there are a few that will stand up to Denso or Mahindra brand any time. Kubota, Kioti, Bobcat, etc. must have filters as good as Mahindra has.
Not saying they are cheaper, but other brand filters can be as good or better . Just dont buy the cheapest ones around. Do some research before hand. I will support my dealership but not if they try to screw me out of 15 extra bucks for one filter.