REMOTE HYDRAULICS QUESTION ON THE 6000

/ REMOTE HYDRAULICS QUESTION ON THE 6000 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a mower that has a single cylinder, single hydraulic hose hook up that is used to raise and lower the blade as well as provide minor position control of the blade height in relationship with the contour of the ground. The hydraulic cylinder is used to raise and lower the blade unit when making row end turns etc. However the manufacture indicates that in the lowered position the blade must float to compensate for undulations of the ground surface. My question is this. On the 6000 with a single line hookup will the cylinder on the mower be able to move up and down as the manufacturer requires (float) with the existing remote valve in the neutral position or would I have to bungee the remote leaver in the down position in order to allow the cylinder on the mower to retract or extend as necessary (float) depending on the ground surface? I can find nothing in the owner’s manual that would address the action of the remote hydraulic valve. I am hoping that some of you more experienced guys might be able to answer this for me.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Don D in AR

/ REMOTE HYDRAULICS QUESTION ON THE 6000
In order for this to work you will need a recirculating valve position Like the "float" position on a loader control. Since it has a single hydraulic line hooked to it you would need to pipe it so that circuit would be open to the drain or sump.

/ REMOTE HYDRAULICS QUESTION ON THE 6000
A float valve has 4 positions - 2 detents, neutral, and float. The valve on the Mah 6000 is just a 3 position - 2 detents and neutral. You should be able to use the single hose cylinder with no problem. The height of the cut is determined by placing clylinder stops (collars) on the cylinder shaft and normally you don't need to raise the mower at the end of rows. A float valve is basically needed on 15' to 20' flex wing cutters which "flex" with the terrain and requires movement of the cylinder. The cylinder on the wing is used simply to raise the wing and not to adjust height. That is accomplished by the main lift cylinder on the center section which is the same as your situation. Hope this helps.

/ REMOTE HYDRAULICS QUESTION ON THE 6000 #4  
It sounds like you are referring to a hay mowing machine (disc mower ?). A float position on the hydraulic control valve is a definite plus for this type of mower--it allows the mower to follow the contours of the ground.
I am not familiar with Mahindra's hydraulic control, but it sounds like there is no float position. If this is the case, it will work, but not as effectively. If you lower the unit to the ground , then return the lever to neutral , the mower will stay where you set it, but will not "float". I would not tie the control lever forward, however. This would cause the hydraulic pump to be constantly working against the pressure relief, and could cause premature failure.

dancce