Mahindra 5010 exhuast woes

/ Mahindra 5010 exhuast woes #1  

emcvay

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 w/FEL
OK so how many with a 5010 or any side exhaust tractor have modified it to an ag exhaust (that blows up)?

Mine blows dust all over gods creation and I'm starting to think it's time for a change!

/ Mahindra 5010 exhuast woes #2  
Where is the dust coming from..?? Does your exaust point down at the ground..?? I have rear [ under the left axle ] exaust on my JD 2240 that points rearward... and the side exaust on my 5035 points up just above the right front tire. Most 'ag' thru the hood [ pointing straight up ] tractors I have driven... you eat diesel exaust all day depending on the wind direction.. The JD with the rear exaust, you eat it whilst you are attaching stuff on the 3pt. The side exaust is USUALLY the preferred location... :)

/ Mahindra 5010 exhuast woes
It points a bit to the side and down so when I was disking up a field in very dry conditions it just blew dust everywhere.

Maybe it was just the dryness that was the real problem but I was asked about it by someone when talking about the tractor because he suggested it wouldn't be the best idea when bailing either -- fire hazard he thought.

/ Mahindra 5010 exhuast woes #4  
Maybe add a little bent pipe to what you have and try it... Or maybe a diverter made with little bent piece of metal clamped on the end with a stainless hose clamp ... then bolt it on when you are happy with your design. Never seen a diesel belch fire/backfire like a gasser.... but you never know.... Good luck, Jerry.. :)

/ Mahindra 5010 exhuast woes #5  
AND.... maybe your neighbor is suffering from tractor envy.... and is just trying to find fault in you shinny new Mahindra... :)

/ Mahindra 5010 exhuast woes #6  
also remember alot of air is blown downward by the radiator fan. all the tractors I have driven will stir up alot of dust @ full throttle in a dry field.

/ Mahindra 5010 exhuast woes #7  
I have a 5010 and it is dusty on both sides when it's dry. I really don't have a better idea. Vertical pipes are nice if your not going to run into anything and it is a tight fit between loader and hood. If you go through the hood you can't open it. I don't like rear at all but I have people behind me planting and such and they really would not like it. I really doubt there is much of a fire hazard. You can always dry fit it and see what you like! Keep the rubber side down.
Jody

Thanks all,

I guess I'll just leave it and tighten the bandanna! lol

/ Mahindra 5010 exhuast woes #9  
I saw this question and kept thinking I do not notice any dust.....But when you said bandanna I'm thinking open seat tractor not a cab unit? Good luck.

Yes, open :) I have a canopy does that count? lol