Ratchet rake/small wood lot tools grapple

/ Ratchet rake/small wood lot tools grapple #1  

Slickheadhunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4025 4wd
I recently bought a ratchet rake to grade my driveway and food plots, as well as a very slick grapple made by small wood lot tools. The ratchet rake works as described and is very handy, but the grapple is absolutely incredible for skidding out full length logs without the use of chains. Normally I would have to wrap a chain under the logs and tie them off to a tow hook, with this unit i done even have to leave the tractor seat! It also works great for a tree that has been cut down but gets hung up on another tree, you connect the grapple to the bottom of the tree lift up and drive away and it comes down without having to Dangerously cut sections out of it to eventually get it to fall. I'll post picks when I have a chance.

/ Ratchet rake/small wood lot tools grapple
Here is the manufacturers picture.
41DA706D-C4A9-43DF-A32E-5D55B41696C5-1961-00000209C32E9CAC.jpg

This skidder attachment is the cats balls! I guess it's more useful for those of us that ,mostly cut wood with our tractors like me, but can't believe that I don't have to use a chain to skid my full length logs out any longer. I can also raise them higher than I can with a chain. But best of all I don't even leave the seat!
I also found that it does work very well at taking down leaners, you do have to get off the tractor to do this but it's a lot easier and safer than under cutting the tree until it hits the ground. What an awesome tool for those of us who cut wood!

/ Ratchet rake/small wood lot tools grapple #4  
It's always good to hear someone finding a new toy...er...ahh...I mean, tool. :D

This thread should prolly be in the General -> Attachments section, tho.

Have fun "working." :)

- djb

/ Ratchet rake/small wood lot tools grapple #5  
I suppose it would be too much to ask for the details on this implement, like mfg., cost, options, etc.?

Not at all, here's there website.

Smallwoodlottools.com

/ Ratchet rake/small wood lot tools grapple #8  
I'm thinking that this skidded would make an excellent Father's Day present & my wife said I should pull the trigger. Are you still loving yours Slickheadhunter??

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Damon,
Yes I still like it very much! When I bought mine the pointed section that sticks the wood were 3/4 in. He had trouble with them bending slightly as did mine. Out of the blue he contacted every person that had the old style and offered to either send it back to him and he would weld on one inch points or send the kit out to me. I opted for the kit and my Father is a welder by trade so he helped out.
For a small company to reach out without prompting is ok in my book!
The new ones will be equipped with the larger one inch points from the start. I have used it a lot and it's awesome.

/ Ratchet rake/small wood lot tools grapple #10  
Super! Thanks for the feedback - truly sounds like an outstanding product backed by equally great customer service!!

That helps me with my decision!! I see you're in southern NH too!!

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet