C4005 differential lock problem

/ C4005 differential lock problem #1  

hose6161

Tractor
c4005-di
Mornin folks,
I recently bought this tractor for my 31 acre place. I decided after reading the operators and service manuals that I didn't need the differential lock engaged(it was engaged when I took delivery of it). The spring loaded pedal is all the way down with the shaft preventing it from being released and going back up. pic836.jpgpic837.jpg The mahindra manuals don't say anything about how to disengage the differential or how to go about it.I've wd-40'd it ,foot pedaled the heck out of it, and vigorously cussed it with no results for my labors.
I figure the tractor probably has been this way since it was newbecause the brake pedals were ganged together and it took a lot of wd-40 and prying to ungang em.If this makes any sense , any help would be appreciated.

/ C4005 differential lock problem #2  
Hopefully the previous owner didn't make any sharp turns on hard surfaces with the diff lock on...can cause bad things...DON'T turn sharp with this until you get it to release...once you do, make sure that you still have drive in both sides...BobG in VA

/ C4005 differential lock problem
thanks for the comment but I need a proceedure spelled out on How to disengage the differential lock. Do you push down on the pedal to unlock it or do you reach down and pull up on the pedal while backing up or do you say abbra cadabbra while hoping it will pop up? There is no proceedure on the steps to take and what to look for as you disengage the durned thing.

/ C4005 differential lock problem #4  
When working properly it should disenguage (Pop up) on its own.