Gear shift stuck in 3rd

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #21  
I carried a 1'x1'-14"wood stick and a ball peen hammer around for a few weeks until I felt I had the linkage wore in. It just needed a tap with the wood stick to release it.

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #22  
I carried a 1'x1'-14"wood stick and a ball peen hammer around for a few weeks until I felt I had the linkage wore in. It just needed a tap with the wood stick to release it.

Did you supply your own stick or was it done under warranty? LOL

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #23  
Mahindra part number TR-EE

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #25  
Dave, thanks for the tip. That is exactly what was wrong. Very quick and easy fix in deed.

Dave, I had the same problem on my Mahindra 3616 and searched the web and found your thread. It only took me 5 seconds to fix it once I found the spot you mentioned. Thanks for the fix. Also since fixing the problem, the gear changing is as smooth as silk. Makes me wonder if it wasn't a little off to start with. Repair completed on 19 August 2017.

Once again thanks for saving me umpteen amounts of cash if I had to take it back to the dealer.

Sincerely,

David Ader

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #26  
Dave, I had the same problem on my Mahindra 3616 and searched the web and found your thread. It only took me 5 seconds to fix it once I found the spot you mentioned. Thanks for the fix. Also since fixing the problem, the gear changing is as smooth as silk. Makes me wonder if it wasn't a little off to start with. Repair completed on 19 August 2017.

Once again thanks for saving me umpteen amounts of cash if I had to take it back to the dealer.

Sincerely,

David Ader

Good work David!

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #27  
30 second fix. Follow the shifter lever. It moves a couple of linkages in an "H" pattern. Pull those linkages back to neutral with a crescent wrench or pliers. Fixed. Shifting in an "X" pattern will sometimes do this. Although if you try to bind it up purposely, it's hard to do.

Thank You for posting this fix. This happened to me today, and I found your post through a google search. It was truly a 30 second fix, and was very helpful.

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #28  
Thank You for posting this fix. This happened to me today, and I found your post through a google search. It was truly a 30 second fix, and was very helpful.

Glad to help, and good for you that you went after the information and fixed it yourself.

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #29  
Mine did this 5 yrs ago with 6 hrs on the machine and one hr after delivery. Dealer came up and fixed it in no time. He is the one that gave me the suggestion of filing and greasing the corners off the dogs. 200 hrs later and it has never happened again.

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #30  
Arrow, filing and greasing will make it go back in easier, but I'd think it would also allow it to go out more easily? I must admit I have not really analyzed it, so maybe I am wrong.