Gear shift stuck in 3rd

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #31  
Arrow, filing and greasing will make it go back in easier, but I'd think it would also allow it to go out more easily? I must admit I have not really analyzed it, so maybe I am wrong.

Perhaps the testament is I never had the problem again. I think it mitigates why it gets stuck in the first place.

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #32  
:laughing:

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #33  
30 second fix. Follow the shifter lever. It moves a couple of linkages in an "H" pattern. Pull those linkages back to neutral with a crescent wrench or pliers. Fixed. Shifting in an "X" pattern will sometimes do this. Although if you try to bind it up purposely, it's hard to do.

A big THANK YOU to Dave - of Dave's Tractors . This answer saved me from loading and hauling my tractor over 50 miles to a dealer for this easy fix.

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #34  
A big THANK YOU to Dave - of Dave's Tractors . This answer saved me from loading and hauling my tractor over 50 miles to a dealer for this easy fix.

Awesome! And that there is the good part about the internet and the ease with which we can get information.

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #35  
do i do this at the transmission or back near the gear selector ?? sorry ones of those ppl who need to see it before i can do it

/ Gear shift stuck in 3rd #36  
do i do this at the transmission or back near the gear selector ?? sorry ones of those ppl who need to see it before i can do it

Near the gear selector. See post 5. Pretty easy deal once you figure out where it is stuck.