New Owner - Very Happy - Plus - got the Jacket....

/ New Owner - Very Happy - Plus - got the Jacket.... #1  

jjmaes22

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035 HST
Picked up my 2012 4035 HST couple of weeks ago - we have around 14 acres with a small lake and are getting ready to build a 35x55 work shop. Told the wife that I really needed that tractor that we have been looking at for the last couple of month in order to build a workshop - she agreed!

Ended up with a few toys at the same time
- Brush Wacker 6' Rotary Cutter
- 6' Brush Wacker box blade
- 4,000 lbs pallet forks
- WR Long Root Grapple and Third set of remote hydraulics w/ thumb control
- Everything Attachements 6700 post hole digger

Still waiting for the Root Grapple to come in - but have put on a little over 40 hours on the machine brush cutting and putting a couple of culverts.

Here are a couple of videos and albums of the machine working
- Clearing Brush - Clearing brush for the new workshop - YouTube
- My dad trying to learn to use the loader - Grandpa Learning to use the Loader - YouTube
- Pulling a tree - Pulling dead trees out of the creek for the new work shop - YouTube

Albums of the tractor and new garden
- Tractor and clearing ground - Work Shop - Clearing Land - Imgur
- Plowing garden - Tractor - Garden Plowing - Imgur

Very excited about a long life with this machine. Plus - while I didnt get the hat *yet* - I did talk the dealer out of a Mahindra jacket in order for him to close the deal! It fits great!

/ New Owner - Very Happy - Plus - got the Jacket.... #3  
NICE RIDE...!!!!! :)

/ New Owner - Very Happy - Plus - got the Jacket.... #4  
great toys
cam

/ New Owner - Very Happy - Plus - got the Jacket.... #5  
Sorry, I mean tools... and work, not playing....
Cam

/ New Owner - Very Happy - Plus - got the Jacket.... #7  
Looking good, keep up the good work!

/ New Owner - Very Happy - Plus - got the Jacket.... #8  
Congratulations on your new post hole digger!!!..........Oh, and all that other stuff too.
That's a great looking set-up you have there. Enjoy!

/ New Owner - Very Happy - Plus - got the Jacket.... #9  
Nice machine, congratulations. But dude! Why are you ramming the front end through all that brush when you could just back into it with the rotary cutter? I was cringing watching all that brush and vines scratch your hood and pack into the side of your loader and engine. With the brush hog, you can just back into that type of stuff and it eats it up. Some of those saplings and vines could definitely be strong enough to rip off electrical wiring, hydraulic and coolant hoses, and bend up brackets and sheet metal and so on.

But that is an awesome machine and setup, you're gonna love it for a long, long time.

/ New Owner - Very Happy - Plus - got the Jacket....
I've done it both ways - really depends on the area and the brush. If it was just the saplings - then no issue - but most of this 4.3 acres is a mix of 2" to 4" saplings and ALOT of 6' to 9' wild roses and brier - as thick as it comes.

Backing into that just ends up with me in a nest of terrible pain and cursing.

With the brier and the larger trees - I love to be able to use the fel to block, smash, and push down all of that being I have to deal with it personally. Agreed - it does leave a mark - and I did end up bending the little sheet metal tool box and the hood release knob - but it's what I bought it for. It's a tool to be used for a greater purpose - she'll be ran rough and work twice as hard as a machine her size should - but she will be loved and taken care of.

Same as with our trucks - both of them are currently at 300,000+ miles - and my daily driver - a 2004 Tahoe z71, is at 225,000. Work em hard - spend the time to maintain and do the PM - and then just use the flip out of them.

I promise - in a year from now I will have more scratches, dings and dents than more - but she will be very very loved!