C4005-DI transmission question

/ C4005-DI transmission question #1  

hose6161

Tractor
c4005-di
Morning folks. I am getting pretty frustrated with not knowing where things are on my used tractor. My question--Where exactly is the transmission dipstick? I have found a plug on top by the gearshift plate by my feet but it is not a dipstick. I inserted a piece of wire down there and didn't see any fluid(maybe the oil level is very low or I didn't
insert it deep enough?) No problem finding the hydraulic or engine oil dipsticks. Since it is a used tractor maybe someone just stuck a regular plug there?

Any help would be appreciated.

/ C4005-DI transmission question #2  
If your tractor does not have a common sump with the hyd oil lubing both the rear gears and the transmission, you probably have a plug on the side of the trans that is used to check the oil level. That is the way most standard transmissions are designed. You fill the trans up until the fluid just starts to run out the side plug. If it was me, I'd get at least an owners manual for the tractor. Good luck, Jerry ... :)

/ C4005-DI transmission question
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look for that side plug and let you know.

/ C4005-DI transmission question
Found the side plug hiding behind the lefthand brake petal--muchos gracias JerryK.

/ C4005-DI transmission question #5  
Won't be too happy later, if you find it is a common sump trasmission....... full of hyd/trans fluid ..... :)