Backhoe Here is a Mahindra 28 Max in action with the backhoe

/ Here is a Mahindra 28 Max in action with the backhoe
Does Mahindra make the backhoe or just the tractor?
Mahindra markets these products. The backhoe is manufactured at Amerequip Corp facilities in Kiel Wisconsin. Amerequip has been in business since 1920 and supplies other major tractor brands such as John Deere and New Holland. The Max tractors main components are manufactured in Japan by Mitsubishi corp for Mahindra and final assembly is done in one of four plants in the USA.

/ Here is a Mahindra 28 Max in action with the backhoe #12  
I'd say Korey did pretty well if that's his 1st time operating a hoe.
I really like the 28xl! If it had been released 6months earlier i could see one in my shed.
I think i have a similar Ameriquip hoe on my 1026r. Does it attach/detach pretty quick on the 28xl? Am i right in thinking that this machine keeps its 3ph in place even with the backhoe mounted?

It is easy to attach/detach. You can leave the arms in place but they kind of are in the way on the 28 XL and you do have to pull a couple pins and fold them up. It is better to pull them off completely. They aren't too difficult to hook back up. The brackets for the backhoe are sub-frame mount like a larger tractor which gives more strength than the typical 3ph backhoe attachment.

/ Here is a Mahindra 28 Max in action with the backhoe #14  
Why don't you do a vid showing us how to take the backhoe on and off?

Last edited:
   / Here is a Mahindra 28 Max in action with the backhoe #15  
^ Yes, would like to see one...

MahindraDon - How is the paint holding up on the Max series tractors? I'm very close to making a purchase of either a Kubota B2620 or a Max28 XL TLB setup.

/ Here is a Mahindra 28 Max in action with the backhoe #16  
^ Yes, would like to see one...

MahindraDon - How is the paint holding up on the Max series tractors? I'm very close to making a purchase of either a Kubota B2620 or a Max28 XL TLB setup.

You'll find that the B2620 supports the Kubota quick attach for forks and bucket (which is simply superb) which Mahindra, curiously enough, doesn't offer, but has a less powerful loader than the Mahindra. On the other hand, the Mahindra backhoe is anemic compared to the BH65 of the B2620. Choose carefully... :)

/ Here is a Mahindra 28 Max in action with the backhoe #17  
I hope Mahindra appreciates these videos. I believe you are the only dealers who are making and posting them. May I suggest another backhoe demonstration video - dig a hole big enough to bury a big orange, Japanese pumpkin, :).

If you do that I hear the turn into 190xt allis Chalmers?

/ Here is a Mahindra 28 Max in action with the backhoe #18  
You'll find that the B2620 supports the Kubota quick attach for forks and bucket (which is simply superb) which Mahindra, curiously enough, doesn't offer, but has a less powerful loader than the Mahindra. On the other hand, the Mahindra backhoe is anemic compared to the BH65 of the B2620. Choose carefully... :)

I compared specs on the Mahindra and Kubota BH's and noticed what you are referencing. I do plan to do a lot of BH work, so I'm leaning toward the Kubota. I know the B2620 is NOT a B26, but I ran a B26 for a bit and it was a BEAST to say the least, especially the BH.

The paint holds up good. I recently got an older 2810 Mahindra on trade that believe it or not has perfectly red paint. The owner was very proud of it and kept it under a shelter and waxed it once every spring. I suggest this to all of my customers now. Twenty minutes spent waxing your tractor once a year seems to go a long way. We have sold 2 Max TLB's to grave diggers. One of them actually traded in a Kubota. They love them and sing their praises. I can't imagine anyone using a backhoe more than these two gentlemen. The hours they spend in the seat have been made more pleasant with the Max! All I can say is try it before you buy it and then you will truly know which you prefer to work day in and day out!

You can get a quick attach adapter for the Max, or any tractor for that matter for around 400$ but I would suggest not wasting the money. Here is why. 1st scenario: 4 pins, 4 clips, two minutes to remove, pin on forks cost (300$). 2nd scenario: 2 handles, 2 rusty springs, can of lube(5$), 2X4 to whack handles free, two minutes to remove either way, quick attach forks cost (600$) I'm frugal, not lazy, and a spare set of pins and clips costs about $10.