Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Face

just curious but new massey tractors have engine oil lines?? you asked earlier if the guy changed his oil. In all my years i have not seen an actual oil line especially one that runs over a battery cable. That has to be the weirdest thing i have heard of. Every motor i have worked on has an internal oil pump that distributes the oil internally
    I am not sure on the oil line. I have seen many engines with oil lines that are connected back to the pressure gauge. I have only been told about what happend. The tractor had been modified so many times, lines rerouted, wires all tangeld up. For all I know it could have been a metal hydraulic line that it was arching to.

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035 HST TLB, 2555 HST Cab, JD 420 HST

Default Re: Tractor Fire

If it was parked outside, a squirel could have packed the area above the muffler with leaves. The things are pretty industrious this time of year trying to get ready for winter. They can make a good sized nest in a day or two... Good reason to keep stuff inside where rodents can't get to it... After they get the nest done, they find things to gnaw on.....
    78" Mahindra front blower, 48" CID QA forks, 6' EverythingAttachments Land Plane, 78" JRW rear blower, homemade 1 ton rear weight, 6' Ford rear blade, big homemade 3pt box/carrier, 8" wood chipper

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd 4610

I really hope they do right by you and replace your new tractor. I would not accept anything else.

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035 HST

I hope so too!

I just met with the dealer this morning - they are coming over around noon to take a look and try to get it loaded up. fingered crossed!

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035 HST

And just for good luck - here are a couple of photos and a video of it the day before - building it's own new home (tractor shed)

Cold start that morning - Cold Starting the Mahindra 4035 HST - 29 degrees out - YouTube

Album of the shed going up that morning - Tractor Shed - Imgur

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035 HST TLB, 2555 HST Cab, JD 420 HST

That helper you have is going to have good memories of helping his dad......
    78" Mahindra front blower, 48" CID QA forks, 6' EverythingAttachments Land Plane, 78" JRW rear blower, homemade 1 ton rear weight, 6' Ford rear blade, big homemade 3pt box/carrier, 8" wood chipper

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035 HST

That is a huge part / goal of this property. My sons are currently 5 and 11 and I hope to help them build memories to last a very long time

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035 HST

Note a lot to see - but they came and took a look (and took Molly). Determined it was a hydraulic line that was rubbing up against the positive terminal on the starter.

The line should never have been touching - but it was. When the line rubbed through - it grounded against the positive termine on the starter. That plus the mist and streaming high pressure oil = and you have a fire.

They took the whole hood off there and wired in a quick start wire harness and got the line plugged enough to get it started and loaded on the trailer - headed to their shop.

For sure a new wiring harness and new line(s) and anything else that was touched by the flames - we will see - but I doubt I can get a new tractor out of this. Honestly - if I can get Molly back and in tip-top shape - I will be fine - just is a bummer to see this happen to such a new piece of equipment.

Anyway - here are a couple of pics of the engine - can't really see anything at all - Tractor Fire - Imgur

And here is a video of her leaving - Molly - Tractor Fire - Headed back to the dealer - YouTube

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615

Just be sure it is fixed to your satisfaction before accepting delivery.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Shoulda boughta Deere!! That way you coulda had a green fire!! Sad thing to happen to such a low hour tractor. Just glad everyones OK and the ground cover/ brush never caught fire. the damage looks pretty minor from the pictures, not hot enough to warp anything. I agree with you that you should be fine once its repaired properly. I wonder what they would say if you asked for them to give you the extended warranty free of charge.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast