Tractor Fire

/ Tractor Fire #21  
Cigar Face said:
just curious but new massey tractors have engine oil lines?? you asked earlier if the guy changed his oil. In all my years i have not seen an actual oil line especially one that runs over a battery cable. That has to be the weirdest thing i have heard of. Every motor i have worked on has an internal oil pump that distributes the oil internally

I am not sure on the oil line. I have seen many engines with oil lines that are connected back to the pressure gauge. I have only been told about what happend. The tractor had been modified so many times, lines rerouted, wires all tangeld up. For all I know it could have been a metal hydraulic line that it was arching to.

/ Tractor Fire #22  
If it was parked outside, a squirel could have packed the area above the muffler with leaves. The things are pretty industrious this time of year trying to get ready for winter. They can make a good sized nest in a day or two... Good reason to keep stuff inside where rodents can't get to it... After they get the nest done, they find things to gnaw on.....

/ Tractor Fire #23  
I really hope they do right by you and replace your new tractor. I would not accept anything else.

/ Tractor Fire
I hope so too!

I just met with the dealer this morning - they are coming over around noon to take a look and try to get it loaded up. fingered crossed!

/ Tractor Fire #26  
That helper you have is going to have good memories of helping his dad...... :)

/ Tractor Fire
That is a huge part / goal of this property. My sons are currently 5 and 11 and I hope to help them build memories to last a very long time

/ Tractor Fire
Note a lot to see - but they came and took a look (and took Molly). Determined it was a hydraulic line that was rubbing up against the positive terminal on the starter.

The line should never have been touching - but it was. When the line rubbed through - it grounded against the positive termine on the starter. That plus the mist and streaming high pressure oil = and you have a fire.

They took the whole hood off there and wired in a quick start wire harness and got the line plugged enough to get it started and loaded on the trailer - headed to their shop.

For sure a new wiring harness and new line(s) and anything else that was touched by the flames - we will see - but I doubt I can get a new tractor out of this. Honestly - if I can get Molly back and in tip-top shape - I will be fine - just is a bummer to see this happen to such a new piece of equipment.

Anyway - here are a couple of pics of the engine - can't really see anything at all - Tractor Fire - Imgur

And here is a video of her leaving - Molly - Tractor Fire - Headed back to the dealer - YouTube

/ Tractor Fire #29  
Just be sure it is fixed to your satisfaction before accepting delivery.

/ Tractor Fire #30  
Shoulda boughta Deere!!:eek: That way you coulda had a green fire!!:D:laughing: Sad thing to happen to such a low hour tractor. Just glad everyones OK and the ground cover/ brush never caught fire. the damage looks pretty minor from the pictures, not hot enough to warp anything. I agree with you that you should be fine once its repaired properly. I wonder what they would say if you asked for them to give you the extended warranty free of charge.