Mahindra Paint Fade

/ Mahindra Paint Fade #1  

JD 2140

Tractor
John Deere 2140
Hey guys

I am looking to purchase a brand new Mahindra 8560 Cab Tractor with FEL. One thing I have seen on used Mahindra's is that the paint has faded to Pinkish colour.
Is this still the case with the lastest models? Yes I understand Red does fade over time, but seeing near new tractors faded pink is really holding me back from purchasing a Mahindra.
I'm hoping there was just a "batch" of tractors where there was a problem with paint :)

/ Mahindra Paint Fade #2  
All paint fades. Darker colors fade more than lighter. My 03 3510 has lived in a open shed all its life and the paint is faded red not pink. I based my decsion to buy a Mahindra on features of the machine, price and quality. Fading paint was not a factor. I would rather have a faded Mahindra than bright something else!!

Just my :2cents:

/ Mahindra Paint Fade #3  
Red is notorious for fading. It still protects the metal. Thats the most important to me. I will paint it over with green one of these days.
larry

/ Mahindra Paint Fade #4  
My Kubota faded and has been repainted twice (25 years old) . Ultra violet rays are the problem, and my understanding is that is worse in New Zealand. I keep my Mahindra and Kubota undercover, and I'm sure that slows the fading process. As far as Quality, I feel that my 3316 Mahindra ( Mitsubishi) is every bit as good a tractor as my Kubota. I'm not sure who manufactures the 8560, but investing in a shed for it probably would be a good idea to protect it from all the elements, plus it wouldn't fade as quickly.

/ Mahindra Paint Fade #6  
My Juanita l4740 is faded especially the can roof. I do not even leave it outside. I paid money for quality. That is sub standard. My tractor is 2 years old.

What is juanita? how about a picture

/ Mahindra Paint Fade #7  
Sorry folks I don't care what color it is it is going to fade. The paint used on tractors is not the same as automotive paint. Now if you want to have it repaired using high end high dollar automotive paint you will stop the fading issues. Only problem is you are not gonna want to use the tractor after getting the bill for the paint job.

/ Mahindra Paint Fade #8  
When I had my little Yanmar the paint had faded from original red to a reddish orange color. I didn't mind it, for a 30 year old tractor it still looked good. :thumbsup: Any paint will fade eventually, it just depends on if it is stored inside/outside, how often it is used outside, how it kept clean, etc.
007.jpg

/ Mahindra Paint Fade #9  
I found that the loader faded a lot more than my tractor, I guess the factory paint is better than add on equipment.

/ Mahindra Paint Fade #10  
A friend of mine bought a 4530 about five years ago. The paint on the hood faded to that pinkish color within a year and the tractor was stored inside. Nothing else faded, just the hood? The dealer repainted it and it still looks good now. My 4530 is about a year old and it still looks new.
I think there must have been a bad batch of paint at one time.