FEL

/ FEL #1  

steelman0933

Tractor
2012 mahindra 6110
Just purchased a new 5530 mahindra on fri and seems loader is leaking down faster than usual. Ck hyd oil and appears to be full . Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks

/ FEL #2  
I have a 2 year old 5530 with FEL, have not noticed any leak down. Can you provide some more info?

1. Is it bucket or main boom?
2. Tractor running or off?
3. How much movement?
4. How much time span?
5. Any visible leaks at connections, hoses, cylinders, valves?

Wondering if you may have air in loader system. Try cycling all functions several times and see what happens, if there is air in it this should push it out of the lines.

Lee

/ FEL #3  
Check your loader valve for any leaks that is usually the first place you will see a leak develop.

/ FEL #4  
I had the same issue with my 4530 when new. I ran the hydralics through a full set of motion about 10 times to get all of the air out of the system. Took care of the problem. Make sure you check the fluid level after you do this, I had to add almost 1/2 gallon to mine.
I thought the dealer should have done this as part of the pre delivery service.

/ FEL
ENG it's the bucket . Boom doesn't leak down at all.

/ FEL #6  
Try cycling the bucket several times. Full dump, full curl four or five times and see if that helps.

/ FEL
ENG I tried that yesterday and after about 3 "curls" hyd hose blew and soaked me down , eyes and all. Waiting on dealer to see what they want to do. Just glad hyd oil was not hot . This is my 3rd mahindra, and the last two have had serious problems. No offense to anyone, but Im done with mahindra. No reason for a hose to blow on a tractor that has 2 hrs on it. JMHO

/ FEL #9  
ENG I tried that yesterday and after about 3 "curls" hyd hose blew and soaked me down , eyes and all. Waiting on dealer to see what they want to do. Just glad hyd oil was not hot . This is my 3rd mahindra, and the last two have had serious problems. No offense to anyone, but Im done with mahindra. No reason for a hose to blow on a tractor that has 2 hrs on it. JMHO

That really stinks, and I might feel the same way if this happened to me. But I hope they fix it promptly and you can reconsider. But regarding hoses, if they are going to blow due to being crimped wrong, it usually happens within the first 5 hours and generally when someone is using the loader in a manner that loads the hoses up enough to flow oil through the pressure relief. The dealer should cycle the loader several times and if there is a bad hose, it ought to annoint the dealer, not you! We install hundreds of Mahindra loaders a year and a bad hose is rare.

As for leakdown on a bucket or a boom cylinder, the original problem, it is best to give the dealer measurements. Run the cylinder half way out, shut the rig off and measure at 1/2 hour increments how much more cylinder rod is exposed. Then you have some numbers to look at. Some leakdown is normal.