Tractor
    Mahindra 1816hst

Default Mahindra 1816hst trouble removing enine oil filter for maintenance

I'm a new owner of a Mahindra 1816HST and attempting my first oil change and having trouble figuring out the best way to remove the oil filter and looking for suggestions to get the job done. Don't know if a mahindra dealership would carry an oil filter ratcheting removal attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-pics-002-jpg  

Default Re: Mahindra 1816hst trouble removing enine oil filter for maintenance

I have never seen one of these myself... at least not where the filter is.... you should be able to find a filter wrench at any decent automotive store that can work... more than once I have knocked a hole on one with a screwdriver and twisted it off that way too (VERY messy) I have a wrench at home that might work, but I am a bit of a distance away...

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3316, Kubota L235, Teryx LE, F350 dumper

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbison View Post
    I'm a new owner of a Mahindra 1816HST and attempting my first oil change and having trouble figuring out the best way to remove the oil filter and looking for suggestions to get the job done. Don't know if a mahindra dealership would carry an oil filter ratcheting removal attachment.
    Oil filter wrench. Local auto parts. Many different configurations, best bet.

Tractor
    Mahindra 1816hst

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dodgins View Post
    Oil filter wrench. Local auto parts. Many different configurations, best bet.
    Thanks for your time, I ended up calling a friend who had the perfect tool for the job. I needed something with an offset handle to enable me to turn the filter once I got a grip...I've done the screwdriver trick before my father tought me that trick a while back but I figured there was another simple answer. Thanks for your insight I'm thankful and love the website...