To you 8560 owners

/ To you 8560 owners #1  

dal929

Silver Member
how "smokey" is your 8560? My 8560 always has some visible white smoke coming from the exhaust while at idle or low RPM. At higher RPM it runs cleaner so that you don't actually see any smoke coming from the machine. It only has 22 hrs, doesn't burn any oil and runs fine. The Throttle position sensor is bad and the warning light light blinks the pattern reflecting this. I was told I could run it until the 50hr service with out concern and then have the sensor changed. I'm wondering if other 8560's run this smokey or is this due to the throttle position sensor and I shouldn't see any smoke.

/ To you 8560 owners #2  
how "smokey" is your 8560? My 8560 always has some visible white smoke coming from the exhaust while at idle or low RPM. At higher RPM it runs cleaner so that you don't actually see any smoke coming from the machine. It only has 22 hrs, doesn't burn any oil and runs fine. The Throttle position sensor is bad and the warning light light blinks the pattern reflecting this. I was told I could run it until the 50hr service with out concern and then have the sensor changed. I'm wondering if other 8560's run this smokey or is this due to the throttle position sensor and I shouldn't see any smoke.

It very well could be your TPS making your tractor run rich at low RPMs.:2cents:

/ To you 8560 owners #3  
I know on a big truck (18 wheeler) you can get white looking smoke almost like when the turbo goes out and the motor is starving for fuel. So very well could be your TPS.

/ To you 8560 owners #4  
The TPS on my 5530 went bad, dealer said it was a common problem.

My want to check timing of fuel pump. I had an issue with stuttering and white smoke around 12-1500 rpms, realigned the fuel pump marks and problem solved.

/ To you 8560 owners #5  
Be sure when you start your tractor the throttle is at the lowest possible setting b/c that can make it throw a TPS code.(This will probably not help w/ the smoking but if you don't know it may help w/ the TPS issue)
Also had issue w/ a bit of sputtering and smoke on my 5530 and a little advancement on the timing fixed it.

Good luck

/ To you 8560 owners #6  
I also own an 8560 mahindra 100 hours on the clock. I have started having some trouble like you speak of with the smoke. But it doesn't do it all the time just at idle sometimes and then off idle you can hear it in the exhaust a miss. The tractor even sounds different when it does it. Know loss of power just a lot of white smoke could this be the TPS? There is know codes flashing or lights. Anyway to check the TPS?

/ To you 8560 owners #7  
I also own an 8560 mahindra 100 hours on the clock. I have started having some trouble like you speak of with the smoke. But it doesn't do it all the time just at idle sometimes and then off idle you can hear it in the exhaust a miss. The tractor even sounds different when it does it. Know loss of power just a lot of white smoke could this be the TPS? There is know codes flashing or lights. Anyway to check the TPS?
This is wet stacking. Particularly likely in cold weather at light work level. A very small advance in injection timing will fix it.
larry

/ To you 8560 owners #8  
Ok so which way is advancing the timing rotate pump away from engine or toward? Is this a common problem?

/ To you 8560 owners #9  
Rotate the top of the pump toward the engine, basically just enough to misalign the chisel marks, and if there are no chisel marks, put them in before you start.

/ To you 8560 owners
MahindraMan...you state NO flashing warning light on dash so I would NOT mess with anything. I would start by putting in some diesel 911 to remove water and see how she runs on the rest of that tank.