3-Point Hitch 3PH won't go up or down

/ 3PH won't go up or down #1  

BamaRob

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615 4WD
Hey gang,

Haven't posted here in a long while. Been getting great service out of my 2615 4WD. I had the dealership come pick it up 4 or 5 weeks ago to change all the fluids and give it a good cleaning/servicing. I haven't used it hardly at all since getting it back. And, haven't used the 3PH at all since getting it back. Went to hook the boxblade up and discovered that the 3PH seems to be seized up. Won't go up or down. First thing came to mind was the lift speed control knob just under the front of the seat. So I made sure it wasn't in the locked position. I can manually pick up on the lift arms and they freely move up. The 3PH lift lever won't move at all. It just bends when I try to push it foward (down). I also made sure the vent tube hadn't been plugged by mud daubers again (had this issue once before). I completely removed it, verified that I could blow air through it, and put it back on.

Before I call the dealer, I thought I'd ask here to see if I may be missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Robert

/ 3PH won't go up or down #2  
try screwing the knob under the seat the other direction 100% of the way. mine occasionally vibrates closed over time also

/ 3PH won't go up or down
Thanks. I've turned it 100% of the way in both directions and tried everything in between. :)

Robert

/ 3PH won't go up or down #4  
Get some penetrating fluid on position control lever where it goes into the hydraulic housing.

/ 3PH won't go up or down
Thanks Lawall. I'll give that a try.

/ 3PH won't go up or down #6  
Hey gang,

Haven't posted here in a long while. Been getting great service out of my 2615 4WD. I had the dealership come pick it up 4 or 5 weeks ago to change all the fluids and give it a good cleaning/servicing. I haven't used it hardly at all since getting it back. And, haven't used the 3PH at all since getting it back. Went to hook the boxblade up and discovered that the 3PH seems to be seized up. Won't go up or down. First thing came to mind was the lift speed control knob just under the front of the seat. So I made sure it wasn't in the locked position. I can manually pick up on the lift arms and they freely move up. The 3PH lift lever won't move at all. It just bends when I try to push it foward (down). I also made sure the vent tube hadn't been plugged by mud daubers again (had this issue once before). I completely removed it, verified that I could blow air through it, and put it back on.

Before I call the dealer, I thought I'd ask here to see if I may be missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi BamaRob -Down in Pike County here. I had the same problem and you can probably find the thread here. I fixed it by taking the seat out along with some surrounding metal parts. I found a lot of dirt that could not be removed by regular cleaning. I used the air compressor to blow it clean (had to loosen some of it first) and sprayed every moving part with 10w-40. Started working like a charm. Let me know if this does not work and somethin else can be checked.