4025 backhoe

/ 4025 backhoe #1  

love2farm

Tractor
4025 mahindra
just got my 4025 4wd with fel back in august. spent most of my time using it to brushhog on the farm, now i'm thinking that i would really like to purchase a backhoe att. has anyone tried one on this tractor? if so could you let me know what kind and if you are satisfied with the results your getting out of it.

/ 4025 backhoe #2  
I've got the 485 backhoe on the back of my 4035. It can do what I need it do to for the most part, if I am patient. I use a 16 inch bucket and sometimes I have to take smaller bites than I would like. I have also run into situations where the hydraulics would stop the bucket, particularly when I have been using it to dig stumps. I also wish it had a little longer reach. But for certain tasks it is great, last weekend I planted 13 trees with rootballs as big as 3 by 3 foot. Could not have done that by hand. All in all I am pleased with it, just know going in, it is not a built to purpose backhoe.

If I had to do it over again, I might look for a used backhoe or bobcat with a backhoe attachment so I could use my tractor implements and the backhoe at the same time without having to do a change out.

/ 4025 backhoe
Thanks for the info. Wouldn't plan on doing any thing real big with it anyhow. Mostly ditch around the barns or dig out small waterholes for the cattle. Sure I could find plenty to do with one.