Mahindra 2615 Glow plugs

/ Mahindra 2615 Glow plugs #11  
I was a mechanic and a motor sergeant in the Army, and I don't know how maney times I have kicked myself for doing something stupid mechanicly in the past, but don't tell anyone. If we never tried and failed we would never learn. I agree that this forum is a place to learn about our tractors, and the dealers that contribute are a great asset. So thank you to all who contribute I have learned and will continue to learn from all.

/ Mahindra 2615 Glow plugs
Installed the upgrade to 10 second plugs and timer myself. Starts like a charm, after also installing a new battery. I appreciate the help from all who contributed. Thank you.

/ Mahindra 2615 Glow plugs #13  
Old Steve, I have always liked the saying " nothing ventured nothing gained". Good job. :thumbsup:

/ Mahindra 2615 Glow plugs #14  
Steve, glad to hear you did the job yourself. Things like this give us the confidence to handle other repairs within our abilities. I'd also consider installing a battery tender. I got one on sale for under $10.00 at Harbor Freight. It has kept my battery going strong.

/ Mahindra 2615 Glow plugs #15  
Having similar concerns with my 2615hst.
Removed glow relay and bought replacement. However I failed to pay attention to where each plug went!
I have three plug, one will only fit one place, so I’m good there. My confusion is as follows: I am left with two plugs ins that are identical and will fit either of the remaining pins. I can tell which is ‘hot’ using a test light. My question is does it matter which plug goes to which pin? I see no marking on new relay to indicate positive or negative.
I do know that I have power coming into the relay, via a test light.
Thanks for any help.

/ Mahindra 2615 Glow plugs #16  
Having similar concerns with my 2615hst.
Removed glow relay and bought replacement. However I failed to pay attention to where each plug went!
I have three plug, one will only fit one place, so I’m good there. My confusion is as follows: I am left with two plugs ins that are identical and will fit either of the remaining pins. I can tell which is ‘hot’ using a test light. My question is does it matter which plug goes to which pin? I see no marking on new relay to indicate positive or negative.
I do know that I have power coming into the relay, via a test light.
Thanks for any help.
I don't know if this picture helps because your tractor might be a different generation. My replacement timer/relay was plug and play.

Attachments

• 20220304_120323.jpg
    20220304_120323.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
   / Mahindra 2615 Glow plugs #17  
Thanks for photo, but does not match mine. Mine glow relay is also plug and play.