Oil & Fuel Mahindra "00" Series fuel tank/water drain

/ Mahindra "00" Series fuel tank/water drain #1  

BobG_in_VA

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux
Mahindra \"00\" Series fuel tank/water drain

Hey guys: My manual says there's a petcock/something on the right side of the tractor engine to drain any water from the bottom of the fuel tank. I have a ML 264 loader so its kind of hard to get to the back of the engine compartmet to search. I got a flashlight and checked everywhere but can'f locate it. Can someone confirm where/what it looks like???
BobG in VA

/ Mahindra "00" Series fuel tank/water drain #2  
Re: Mahindra \"00\" Series fuel tank/water drain

The manual talks about a couple of places to drain water. Another one is in the fuel filter. I have not paid much attention because I plan to have dealer do required maintance on tractor. The manual is not that clear about where things are and what work to do on it. If I find out anything I will let you know.

/ Mahindra "00" Series fuel tank/water drain #3  
Re: Mahindra \"00\" Series fuel tank/water drain

Oh, it's back there, but I have not tried to open it either, loader in the way , other lines etc. The head mech at my dealer said to use the drains on the bottom of the fuel filters as they are the lowest point in the system. I suppose when I change the filters at 50 hours I will give it a try on the tank drain and see if I actually get anything out of it besides fuel. Best preventative is to keep the tank full as much as possible. Chet