Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5035HST

Default 5025 HST questions now that I've driven it a bit

Ok, so I've had a chance to work with the new 5035 HST and I am wondering...

When I press down on the pedal to get moving there is 4-5 second delay before it starts moving. Is this normal? Especially noticeable when using the FEL and I scoop, back up, then switch to the forward pedal to get moving there is that long delay. It starts slow and after a few more seconds you can kind of feel it "grab" as it starts to move. If this normal then OK, but after a lot of backing up, going forward it's kind of annoying as I'm sitting there with a "ok, let's go" feeling after hitting the pedals to get moving. I'm running her at around 2000 RPM when using the FEL which seems a decent RPM to work at. Mowing I run her up to the 540 mark on the tach which around 2200 RPM.

Also, the brakes seem useless. After rolling, letting off the pedal and hit the brakes there seems to be no braking effect and the tranny starts whining hard like the brakes are fighting it. It's like letting off the pedal doesn't want to "disengage" the HST. Especially bad when going down a slight grade as the brakes will not stop the tractor at all. Might as well not have any brakes at all.

I hope this isn't normal and it's just a matter of some kind of adjustment or something.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: 5025 HST questions now that I've driven it a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Ram4x4 View Post
    Ok, so I've had a chance to work with the new 5035 HST and I am wondering...

When I press down on the pedal to get moving there is 4-5 second delay before it starts moving. Is this normal? Especially noticeable when using the FEL and I scoop, back up, then switch to the forward pedal to get moving there is that long delay. It starts slow and after a few more seconds you can kind of feel it "grab" as it starts to move. If this normal then OK, but after a lot of backing up, going forward it's kind of annoying as I'm sitting there with a "ok, let's go" feeling after hitting the pedals to get moving. I'm running her at around 2000 RPM when using the FEL which seems a decent RPM to work at. Mowing I run her up to the 540 mark on the tach which around 2200 RPM.

Also, the brakes seem useless. After rolling, letting off the pedal and hit the brakes there seems to be no braking effect and the tranny starts whining hard like the brakes are fighting it. It's like letting off the pedal doesn't want to "disengage" the HST. Especially bad when going down a slight grade as the brakes will not stop the tractor at all. Might as well not have any brakes at all.

I hope this isn't normal and it's just a matter of some kind of adjustment or something.
    That does not sound normal for any HST tractor I have ever used.. Neither condition. Some are more responsive than others when going from fwd to rev. and on the HST+ Kubota the response can be adjusted. But on my old L3400hst kubota it was adjusted to extremely responsive, on my Kioti not quite as responsive, but still nothing like the 4 to 5 second thing.. Maybe 1/2 second on the Kioti, and the Kubota was 0 seconds.. The pedal should center when you let off, and no way the brakes should be "fighting the transmission" and you are hearing the whine increase, so I am guessing that is exactly what is happening... Take it to the dealer.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN