Ballast MAHINDRA 2525 LEFT BRAKE LOCKUP

/ MAHINDRA 2525 LEFT BRAKE LOCKUP #1  

JER2525

Tractor
MAHINDRA 2525
When applying the brakes, the left brake locks immediately and locks the left rear tire. I have to rock the tractor in the opposite direction to get it to release. What is likely broken and how much cost and labor am I looking at to repair? Any ideas. I am currently waiting for my service manual to arrive. Thanks for any help.

/ MAHINDRA 2525 LEFT BRAKE LOCKUP #2  
I'm not very familiar with the 2525, but I think it is a dry drum or dry disc type brake. Follow the brake linkages back on the left side and you will see a cover. Remove that and look inside for a spring that broke, or a brake shoe that failed or something. I bet once you get it apart it will be clear what failed. I doubt this will be a very expensive problem. Best of luck on this repair.

/ MAHINDRA 2525 LEFT BRAKE LOCKUP
I'm not very familiar with the 2525, but I think it is a dry drum or dry disc type brake. Follow the brake linkages back on the left side and you will see a cover. Remove that and look inside for a spring that broke, or a brake shoe that failed or something. I bet once you get it apart it will be clear what failed. I doubt this will be a very expensive problem. Best of luck on this repair.

Thanks for the reply. I received my service manual today and have looked online at part costs. I agree, this should not be either a difficult or expensive repair. Without yet pulling the cover and linkage attachments, my best guess is that a spring has broken.

/ MAHINDRA 2525 LEFT BRAKE LOCKUP #4  
Hi JER2525, have you found out what the fault was with your locking left brake yet? I have a European spec 2525.

No progress yet as I have been repairing a Kubota 4150 right now. I still believe though that the Mahindra 2525 repair involves one or more broken springs, something relatively simple to repair.

Finally got to the brake problem. Both the brake discs and brake pads seemed to have a semi-dried but sort of sticky, I'll call it brake dust on them. Taking apart the spring loaded assembly revealed an excessively gummy greasy mess that sort of caused the three balls to stick in their graduated slots. I cleaned this assembly and with only an extremely thin coating of hi temp brake grease, assembled it back together. I cleaned the metal brake surfaces with a soft wire wheel and wiped them down with MEK. I did the same to the disc pads. Long story short, the brake works fine now. Disassembly and assembly was relatively easy (not a bad design), The only special tool was a spring remover and installer.

Finally got to the brake problem. Both the brake discs and brake pads seemed to have a semi-dried but sort of sticky, I'll call it brake dust on them. Taking apart the spring loaded assembly revealed an excessively gummy greasy mess that sort of caused the three balls to stick in their graduated slots. I cleaned this assembly and with only an extremely thin coating of hi temp brake grease, assembled it back together. I cleaned the metal brake surfaces with a soft wire wheel and wiped them down with MEK. I did the same to the disc pads. Long story short, the brake works fine now. Disassembly and assembly was relatively easy (not a bad design), The only special tool was a spring remover and installer.