70+ hrs on my 5010 and loving it!

/ 70+ hrs on my 5010 and loving it! #1  

emcvay

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 w/FEL
BigRed.jpg
Got to do a lot of plowing this past week and was loving it. But didn't like the chains! They were too big and need to be shortened and once I had them on they just slid down into the grooves between the treads.....guess I need some instruction there.

/ 70+ hrs on my 5010 and loving it! #2  
emcvay,

Happy New Year.

Are your tires ag's or industrials, and could you include a closer image/s of the chain/tire issue. Ag tire chains are made differently. To many winters in Mn as a kid putting them on our tractors and their not light weight. The ag chains need plenty of fender cleareance to work properly.

idaho2

/ 70+ hrs on my 5010 and loving it! #3  
Funny that I just got to 70 hours on my JD 5045E today and like you am loving it. Two above zero outside but comfortable in the cab without a heater. There was enough heat coming off the machine to melt the snow on my boots.
You need a set of these and you might have to adjust your rear tread width to get clearance or even re bolt your fenders higher.

/ 70+ hrs on my 5010 and loving it!
Nice chains!!! Not sure I could make them work but I like them.

/ 70+ hrs on my 5010 and loving it! #5  
I more then like mine. I pulled a 14 ft U-Haul truck up an ice coverd 12% grade the other day with very little spinning. They are awsome but not cheap. A new set to fit my 13.6 -28 tires goes about $1100. I scored these off Craig'slist.

/ 70+ hrs on my 5010 and loving it! #6  
View attachment 295913
Got to do a lot of plowing this past week and was loving it. But didn't like the chains! They were too big and need to be shortened and once I had them on they just slid down into the grooves between the treads.....guess I need some instruction there.

Emc…from what I can tell, your chains are too big for the tires. The cross links appear to be too long. You should not need any tensioners on properly fit chains and they will stay on.