Looking hard at a Max28XL - advice on attachment sizes

/ Looking hard at a Max28XL - advice on attachment sizes #1  

tc18ny

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota B3200HSD
I've been tractor shopping and I'm ready to pull the trigger. Been looking at a Kubota B2920 and B3200 and then found the Mahindra Max28XL. I can save about $4000 compared to the B3200 if I go with the Max. My concerns are reliability of the machine, parts availability, 54'' FEL bucket compared to 60'' on the bota, and what size RFM can I run? Is anyone running a 72'' RFM with theirs? I used to run a 72'' RFM on my old New Holland TC18 which was much smaller and it did fine if I took it easy. I need some Max owners to chime in and make me feel good about this tractor. I'm going tomorrow morning to see it, sit on it and kick the tires. The dealer quoted me $16800 for the tractor with FEL, 60'' RFM and 60'' rotary cutter. Does this seem like a fair price?
Thanks in advance

/ Looking hard at a Max28XL - advice on attachment sizes
No comments? Come on Max owners give me something to chew on!

/ Looking hard at a Max28XL - advice on attachment sizes #3  
We looked at the Kabota, Deere, Massy and Mahindra. The Massy was these best but too much money. The Deere was out for us, too big or too small, only hydro, too much $ for what we were getting. The Kabota has a good dealer, nice machine, about 5 k. more than the Mahindra 3616. I came across an ad for Mahindra, looked them up on the web and found our dealer a few miles from the local Kabota dealer. stopped by on the way to look again at the Massy and Kabota, liked the max 28 and tested the 3616 beside it.
8 hp more, better sound, only slightly wider and longer, better lift on fel, quick change bucket, shuttle and hydro available. The boss liked the feel and size of the Massy best and the Mahindra next. Massy was just too much $ for us. Kabota was too large (3240???), would have to move the seat so the boss could reach the controls comfortably.
We settled on the 3616 shuttle with a 72 " cutter and 2 remotes. ( should have looked at a flail). So far, we are very happy with our choice and about 4k less than the Kabota. The tractor drives the cutter at the recommended forward speed and just plows through 3' of grass, up hill and down.
Cam

/ Looking hard at a Max28XL - advice on attachment sizes #4  
I haven't put any attachments on mine yet, been too busy abusing the backhoe. I asked the dealer about some attachments when I bought it, he seemed to think a 5 ft box was fine, 4 or 5ft tiller, and at least a 5ft mower.. I would imagine as long as you're not running WAO it'd do a 6ft finish mower.

I do love my max28 though, getting better with it every time I break it out.

/ Looking hard at a Max28XL - advice on attachment sizes
I test drove both tractors and had the max dealer re-price it with the 54 inch bucket, 72 inch finish mower and a set of rear remotes. The price is getting closer to the kubota, much closer. The kubota is more comfortable and I like the size better (bigger). Looks like I'm going orange. Thanks for the replies and all the help. Pictures will be posted when the new baby arrives.

/ Looking hard at a Max28XL - advice on attachment sizes #6  
Go bigger if you can afford it. 3616 cab is so sweet. Much heavier and lots more power. I had a 2516 for 4 years and moved up. Cheaper to start bigger.

/ Looking hard at a Max28XL - advice on attachment sizes #7  
Kinda impressed with the max 25 1st day that piece of wood is 40 inches in diameter and about 24 thick heavy. Go see lawall Mahindra in batavia before you go orange there was a big difference between red and orange at least 4k

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 223