attaching the roof/top/canopy to 2810

/ attaching the roof/top/canopy to 2810 #1  

rholmes69

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810
Tractor came with my house I bought, out in the shed was a fiberglass top for the tractor. How in the heck does it attach? It has two small brackets coming out from the under side of the roof (maybe 6x8 inches in size) with four bolt holes in each side. Other than the ROPS, I don't see any other way to attach the top and I have no idea how it could possibly attach to the ROPS. I have an '03 2810, can post pics if that helps.

So glad for this forum, I am completely new to the tractor world and was able to unhook the finish mower, hook up the tiller, unhook the tiller and attach the FEL all on my first day of play with it. SCHWEET!!

/ attaching the roof/top/canopy to 2810 #2  
I don't have a quick answer for this.

One question, though: Are you certain that the top was actually previously mounted on this tractor? I ask this because I've got a few "leftovers" in my barn from old equipment I no longer own and wonder if you're in a similar situation. Might have to do a little fabricating in that case.

Dennis

/ attaching the roof/top/canopy to 2810 #3  
It was probably held on to the rops with ubolts.

/ attaching the roof/top/canopy to 2810 #4  
2nd ubolts on rops. Here's a pic. Different canopy on different model tractor but may help. Hope you can figure it out. Sure was glad to have my canopy working in the rain today. :)

Attachments

• image-3114489228.jpg
    image-3114489228.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 264
   / attaching the roof/top/canopy to 2810 #5  
And those U-bolts should have left some telltale marks in the rollbar's paint if they were in place for any length of time.

Dennis

/ attaching the roof/top/canopy to 2810
Updating as I had a PM on this question. I ended up finding the appropriate size u-bolts at tractor supply in the trailer parts section. They were bolts for use on 2x3 tubing commonly found on trailers. Needed some help to hold up the front while mounting, but it all is working great. Even survived accidently bumping a low hanging pine branch that it proceeded to break off.