Added Aux lights to my 6000

/ Added Aux lights to my 6000 #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
I added to aux lights to my 6000. They are the small low watt high power off road lights. Got them on sale at Harbor Freight. I have a canopy on my tractor, so I took the bolts out of the right and left front corners. I had to modify the mounting brackets a little to get them in. I then ended up taking about all the bolts lose so I could run the wire between the roof and the insulation so the wire would not be exposed. Ran my hot wire from the battery which require taking both side pannels and front of the tractor off. I put my switch inside the lock panel below the steering wheel. I figure that way no one can come by and switch the lights on and run the battery down. They work great and really help. I always thought the location of the front lights was not good with the loader on. Can't get loader low enough to get good lighting and still run safely at night. So, these lights really help. It really is nice to have real metal to mount to and run ground wire. Got two more for the rear for another project this summer.

/ Added Aux lights to my 6000
Whops. Actually it is fiberglass or some such composit material. Sorry.